No. 13/10 Ohio State vs. Minnesota
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2023
Venue: Value City Arena at the Schottenstein Center (Columbus, Ohio)
Game: vs. Minnesota (7 p.m. ET) | Live Stats | B1G+
Rosters: Ohio State | Minnesota
Notes: Ohio State
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 13/10 Ohio State women’s basketball team (20-4, 9-4 B1G) hosts Minnesota (9-14, 2-10 B1G) on Wednesday for a 7 p.m. ET tip. The game will be broadcast live on B1G+ and AM1460.
The Buckeyes will be honoring Black History Month and also the importance of heart health at Wednesday’s game.
- Ohio State holds a 20-4 overall record and is 9-4 in conference play after losing 90-54 at No. 8/9 Maryland on Sunday.
- Jacy Sheldon returned to the lineup on Sunday after being out with a lower leg injury since Nov. 30.
- Taylor Thierry led the Buckeyes with 21 points and tied for the team-high seven rebounds. Thierry had back-to-back 20-point games for the first time in her career. Eboni Walker tied her season-high seven rebounds.
- Minnesota carries a 9-14 overall record and a 2-10 Big Ten record to Columbus after falling to RV/24 Illinois on the road by a 69-62 margin.
- The Gophers are 0-6 against teams in the AP poll this season and hold a pair of conference wins against Penn State (98-96 in double OT at home on Dec. 3 and 75-67 on the road on Jan. 18).
- Alanna Micheaux leads the Gophers with 14.7 points per game and 8.4 rebounds per game. Mara Braun (14.5) and Mallory Heyer (11.3) are also averaging double figures.
- Ohio State leads 62-16 in the all-time series against Minnesota and has the 28-3 advantage when facing the Gophers in Columbus despite an NCAA ruling later vacating three total wins in the series.
- The Buckeyes and Gophers previously met this season on Jan. 5 in Minneapolis, where Ohio State earned the 83-71 victory. OSU had a five-point lead after one quarter but trailed at halftime due to a big Minnesota second quarter. The Buckeyes outscored the Gophers 28-10 in the fourth quarter to claim the win, claiming the lead with eight minutes to play.
- In the Jan. 5 meeting, Ohio State had four in double figures, led by Taylor Mikesell’s 22 points and Rikki Harris’ career-high 19. Taylor Thierry had a career-high 12 rebounds as the Buckeyes totaled 45 rebounds, just one shy of their season-high.
To support Ohio State women’s basketball throughout the season here on campus, fans may purchase single game tickets for all remaining home games HERE. Applicable service fees will apply to all tickets. For group tickets and any questions, contact an account representative at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All group tickets must be purchased in advance.