March 14, 2019
Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Linger Longer Invitational
|Dates:||March 15-17, 2019
|Host:||Kennesaw State and
|Course:||The Landing Golf Course
|Format:||Play 5, count 4
|Tee Times:||Friday/Saturday/Sunday – 8:30 AM off #1 and #10
|Weather:||Scattered Storms, 67°/Cloudy, 63°/Partly Cloudy, 64°
|Teams:||Ohio State, Alabama, Augusta, Charlotte, Georgia, Kennesaw State, Liberty, Louisville, Mercer, Penn State, South Alabama, Tennessee, Toledo, UNCG, Virginia
|1. Will Grimmer
2. Daniel Wetterich
3. Caleb Ramirez
4. Kevin Stone
5. Will Voetsch
Ind. Grant Engle
Ohio State at the Linger Longer Invitational
- This is the third appearance for the Buckeyes at the Linger Longer Invitational.
- Their best finish came last season when they finished in fourth place, led by Will Grimmer who put together a one-under, 215 (72-69-74), to finish in a tie for 17th place.
- The team finished the final day with 11 birdies and an eagle over the last nine holes to secure their fourth place finish in the 16-team field.
- The Landing course at Reynolds Lake Oconee is one of six premier championship golf courses that surround the lake. The Landing was the original course built in 1986 by renowned architect Bob Cupp and set the stage for what is now a premier golf destination. The par 72 course winds through the hills and naturally wooded areas of Georgia and measures 6,991 yards from the championship tees. Named one of America’s Top Golf Courses, Reader’s Choice Top Private Courses, and the Best Courses to Play in Georgia, it is one of the best spots to play in the state.
- The Buckeyes started their spring break in Bandon, Oregon at the Bandon Dunes Championship where they finished in third-place after posting a 20-over, 884.
- Senior Will Grimmer led the way, shooting 75-70-73 to go two-over for the tournament and finish tied for ninth-place. He has finished ninth or better in all tournaments this season.
- Daniel Wetterich also finished in the top-20 after shooting a four-over, 220 (69-71-80).
- The Linger Longer Invitational is the last tournament for a couple weeks before Ohio State returns to action at the Irish Creek Collegiate on April 6-7.