Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | 2019 Roster | 2019 Schedule | PDF Box Score | Season Stats | HTML Box | Big Ten Tournament Bracket | B1G Tournament Central
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State (6-10-1, 1-6-1) dropped a 1-0 bout to Wisconsin (3-10-4, 1-4-3), in the regular-season finale on Sunday at Jesse Owens Memorial Field. The Buckeyes open the Big Ten Tournament Saturday as the No. 8 seed and will take on No. 9 Rutgers in Bloomington, Ind.
Prior to the match, seniors Parker Siegfried, Osman Fofanah, CC Uche, Leo Kossaka, Jack Holland, Jake Scheper and Brennon Davis were honored on Senior Day for their time and contributions to the program.
- The Buckeyes opened the match with a few early shots to press the Badger defense before Wisconsin started to fire back.
- Both teams played strong defense in the contest, deflecting a number of shots away at both ends of the pitch.
- Ohio State had seven shots in the first half to Wisconsin’s two, but went into the break scoreless.
- Coming out of the half, the Buckeye defense blocked a shot from the far side but it was deflected back into play and put back in to put the Badgers up 1-0 in the 52nd minute.
- As the clock ticked down, Ohio State had a number of opportunities, including three free kicks from just outside the box but could not cash in.
- Mitch Bergman headed a last ditch attempt in the final minute of play but it was cleared out and Wisconsin earned the victory.
- Jack Holland took four shots for the match, pushing his team total to 36.
Shots: Ohio State 11, Wisconsin 4
Saves: Wisconsin 4, Ohio State 0
Shots on Goal: Ohio State 4, Wisconsin 1
Corner Kicks: Ohio State 6, Wisconsin 0
The Buckeyes face Rutgers in the Big Ten Tournament on Saturday in Bloomington, Ind.