2023 NCAA Tournament – Second Round
Date: Monday, March 20, 2023
Venue: Value City Arena in the Schottenstein Center (Columbus, Ohio)
Game: vs. North Carolina (4 p.m.) | Live Stats | ESPN
Rosters: Ohio State | North Carolina
Notes: Ohio State
Bracket | Tournament Central | Tickets
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 12/12 Ohio State women’s basketball team (26-7, 12-6 B1G) will face No. 20/19 and six-seeded North Carolina (22-10, 11-7 ACC) in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Monday in Value City Arena in Schottenstein Center. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. in a game broadcast on ESPN.
Tickets are still available and may be purchased HERE.
- Ohio State holds a 26-7 record after earning an 80-66 victory against 14th-seeded James Madison in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday in Columbus. Jacy Sheldon’s nine assists tied for third in OSU NCAA Tournament history, while the Buckeyes’ seven turnovers tied for the second fewest in OSU NCAA Tournament history.
- This is the Buckeyes’ 13th time hosting at least one game of the NCAA Tournament and first time since 2018. This is the 14th time Ohio State has been selected as a top-four seed.
- This is Ohio State’s 27th NCAA Tournament appearance as the Buckeyes hold a 29-26 record in the NCAA Tournament. This record reflects wins from select seasons later vacated by the NCAA.
- North Carolina enters the matchup with a 22-10 record after beating St. John’s 61-59 on a three-point play with six seconds remaining.
- UNC is making its 30th NCAA Tournament appearance (third-consecutive) and hold a 50-28 record in the big dance. Last season, North Carolina made it to the Sweet 16 – the 18th in program history and first since 2015.
- The Tarheels had three earn all-conference accolades with Deja Kelly and Alyssa Ustby making the first team and Kennedy Todd-Williams earning a spot on the second team.
- Ohio State trails 5-3 in the all-time series against North Carolina after a Buckeye win in the teams’ most recent meeting was later vacated by the NCAA.
- The teams met once previously in the NCAA Tournament with UNC earning the 86-84 home win on March 23, 2015.
- When playing in Columbus, Ohio State has the 2-1 advantage against UNC.
Ohio State women’s basketball season tickets for the 2023-24 season are now on sale and can be purchased HERE. Fans with ticketing questions should call the Ohio State Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-BUCKS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.