Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | 2019 Roster | 2019 Schedule | PDF Box Score | Season Stats | HTML Box
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State (6-8-1, 1-4-1) was edged by No. 22 Maryland (9-4-2, 3-1-2), 2-0 at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium Friday night.
- The Buckeyes played well out of the gate, putting up five shots in the first 22 minutes, highlighted by a great Matteo Bennati running try from the left side that sailed over the goal in the 22nd minute.
- Ohio State’s defense fended off a number of shots in the first half before the Terrapins snuck one past in the 36th minute to take the 1-0 advantage.
- Each team traded shots toward the end of the half with Parker Siegfried reeling in a big save in the 45th minute to keep the score 1-0.
- Coming out of the half, the Buckeyes kept the game competitive, creating opportunities on offense and Siegfried anchoring the defense.
- Putting pressure on the defense, Ohio State earned three corner kicks and five shots but could not break through the Maryland defense.
- The Terrapins sealed the match with a goal in the 85th minute that put them up 2-0 and earned the victory.
- Jack Holland had two shots tonight and leads the team with 30 shots for the season.
Shots: Ohio State 13, Maryland 13
Saves: Maryland 6, Ohio State 4
Shots on Goal: Ohio State 6, Maryland 6
Corner Kicks: Maryland 8, Ohio State 4
The Buckeyes head to Bloomington to take on Indiana on Tuesday at 8 p.m.