Dates: Saturday, March 18, 2023 and Monday, March 20, 2023
Venue: Value City Arena in the Schottenstein Center (Columbus, Ohio)
Games: Thursday (first four): Purdue vs. St. John’s (7 p.m. ET)
Saturday (first round): #3 Ohio State vs. #14 James Madison and #6 North Carolina vs. winner of Thursday’s game
Monday (second round): the winner of each Saturday game
Rosters: Ohio State | James Madison | North Carolina | Purdue | St. John’s
Bracket | Tournament Central | Tickets
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The NCAA selected the No. 12/13 Ohio State women’s basketball team (25-7, 12-6 B1G) as a #3 seed for the upcoming NCAA Tournament as the full bracket of teams was announced on Sunday night. This is the second time that 68 teams will take part in the women’s basketball tournament.
The Buckeyes will face #14 seed James Madison in the first round on Saturday with the time and TV network to be determined.
- This is the Buckeyes’ 13th time hosting at least one game of the NCAA Tournament and first time since 2018. This is the 14th time Ohio State has been selected as a top-four seed.
- This is Ohio State’s 27th NCAA Tournament appearance as the Buckeyes hold a 28-26 record in the NCAA Tournament. This record reflects wins from select seasons later vacated by the NCAA.
- Last season, the Buckeyes made their 12th appearance in the Sweet 16. Sixth-seeded Ohio State beat 11th-seeded Missouri State by a 63-56 in the first round before defeating third-seeded LSU in Baton Rouge by a 79-64 margin in the second round. The Buckeyes were edged by second-seeded Texas in the Sweet 16 by a 66-63 mark.
- Last week in the Big Ten Tournament, Ohio State made it to the championship game but fell to second-seeded Iowa. The Buckeyes beat fifth-seeded Michigan by an 81-79 margin in the quarterfinals before completing the largest comeback in Big Ten Tournament history to defeat top-seeded Indiana by a 79-75 margin in the semifinals.
- Freshman forward Cotie McMahon and sophomore guard/forward Taylor Thierry were named to the All-Big Ten Tournament Team.
- All session and single session tickets for the NCAA Women’s Basketball First Four, First and Second Rounds will go on sale to the public at 11:00am ET on Monday, March 13, 2023 online HERE. All games will be played at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio.
- Those with questions may contact the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office by email to email@example.com by calling 614.292.2624 or 1-800-GOBUCKS, weekdays from 9:00am to 4:00pm ET.