Box Score | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
TEMPE, Ariz. – The Ohio State softball team (7-7) extended its win streak to three games with a 3-0 victory over Oregon State (16-8) on Friday afternoon to open the ASU Invitational.
- Andi Farrah got the Buckeyes going in the opening frame. In the two-spot and facing a 2-2 count, Farrah went yard on a solo home run over right field, her first of the season.
- Ohio State threatened in the bottom of the fourth on two walks and a single to load the bases. The Beavers were able to work their way out of the jam with an inning-ending strikeout.
- Singles by Avery Clark and Ashley Prange put runners on and a wild pitch moved them into scoring position. Niki Carver’s sacrifice fly gave Tegan Cortelletti, a pinch runner, time to come in and extended the lead to 2-0 in the fifth.
- With two outs, Megan McMenemy came in as a pinch hitter and drew a walk. Mariah Rodriguez reentered the game and stole second to set up pinch hitter Emily Tinkham, who had a RBI single to right field.
- Righty ace Payton Buresch (6-3) was dealing in the circle as 55 of her 72 pitches were strikes. She tossed seven innings of three-hit, three-strikeout ball for her second shutout of the season.
- The Buckeyes took the Beavers down in order during five of seven innings.
- Avery Clark was 2-for-3, which extended her hitting streak to seven games. She also has a team-high nine outings with two hits.
- Emily Tinkham had the first RBI of her career.
- Sam Hackenbracht recorded her first start and hit as a Buckeye.
- Taylor Pack has safely reached base in the last six games.
- Payton Buresch has won the last three games for the Buckeyes in the circle.
- It is the first victory for Ohio State over Oregon State since the 2010 season.
The Buckeyes are back on the field Saturday to face Wright State at 9 a.m. MT/11 a.m. ET.