Recap | Notes | Photos | Box Score (html) | Box Score (pdf)
OHIO STATE FOOTBALL POSTGAME NOTES
#9 Ohio State (10-1, 6-1 Big Ten) 20, at #20 Iowa (7-4, 4-3 Big Ten) 17
Kinnick Stadium – Iowa City, Iowa
Nov. 20, 2010
• Ohio State becomes the first team in Big Ten history to win at least 10 games in six consecutive seasons.
• Ohio State has won 16 of its last 17 games and 43 of its last 48 Big Ten contests.
• Ohio State is 97-17 since the start of the 2002 season, the third-best record among FBS teams.
• Ohio State is 461-191-28 (.699) all-time in Big Ten games since 1913, the best winning percentage among Big Ten schools.
• Tressel is now 36-15 at Ohio State against teams ranked in the Top 25 (AP and Coaches).
• Tressel is 104-22 in his 10th year at Ohio State and 239-79-2 overall. He is the second-winningest active FBS coach behind Penn State’s Joe Paterno (401).
• Ohio State is 94-7 under Tressel when it rushes for at least 125 yards.
• Ohio State is 28-4 under Tressel in the month of November and 16-1 since 2005.
• Ohio State leads the all-time series 45-14-3 and 18-6-2 in games played in Iowa City.
• Ohio State has won 12 of the last 13 meetings overall.
• Dan Herron has now scored at least one touchdown in 10 consecutive games.
• Dan Herron went over 1,900 yards rushing in his career with 69 yards on 20 carries. He now has 1,932 yards overall.
• Ohio State is 18-3 when Dan Herron scores a rushing TD in his career.
• Terrelle Pryor is now 29-4 as Ohio State’s starting quarterback.
• Terrelle Pryor set a school-record with his 20th game with at least 200 yards of total offense.
• Terrelle Pryor reached exactly 2,000 yards rushing for his career with 78 yards on the ground, becoming just the second Ohio State quarterback to do so (Cornelius Greene, 2,066).
• Ohio State is now 26-1 when Terrelle Pryor throws at least one touchdown pass.
• DeVier Posey has now caught at least one pass in 25 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the Big Ten.
• Dane Sanzenbacher has now caught at least one pass in 17 consecutive games. He finished with six catches for 102 yards, his fourth career 100-yard receiving game.
• Ohio State is 34-5 when Dane Sanzenbacher records at least one catch.
• Corey “Philly” Brown made his first career start at wide receiver.
• Reid Fragel caught his first career TD pass in the third quarter, a 5-yarder from Pryor to give Ohio State a 10-7 lead.
• Brian Rolle recorded 10 tackles to lead the Buckeyes and tied a career best with 3.0 TFL.
• The Buckeyes recorded 2.0 sacks and 7.0 TFL in the game.
• Ohio State held Iowa to 81 yards rushing, marking the seventh time this season Ohio State has held its opponents under 100 yards rushing.
• Ohio State has allowed just eight 100-yard rushers since 2005, tied for the fewest among FBS teams with Boston College and Alabama.
• Ohio State has allowed fewer than 21 points 59 times since the start of 2005, the most among FBS teams in that span. Ohio State is 56-3 in those games.
• Devin Barclay kicked a career-long 48-yard field goal in the fourth quarter.