Women’s NIT 1st Round Tickets will go on sale to the general public at 2:00pm ET on Tuesday, March 19 at http://go.osu.edu/WNITRd1. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the OSU Athletics Ticket Office, or by calling 1-800-GOBUCKS (select option 3). Group tickets for groups of 10 or more – are available by calling the Group Sales Office at 1-800-GOBUCKS (select Option 2).
NOTING OHIO STATE
- Ohio State enter the WNIT at 14-14 on the season.
- This is just the second time Ohio State has participated in the WNIT. The Buckeyes won five games, including the championship game in front of a sold-out crowd at New Mexico to win the title in 2001.
- Ohio State and Morehead State are meeting for just the third time on the hardwood. The Buckeyes won both ends of a home-and-home series with the Eagles in 1982 and 1983.
- The Buckeyes were the No. 5 seed in this year’s Big Ten Tournament but their stay was short-lived as they fell to Wisconsin 73-63 in the second round on Thursday.
- Three Buckeyes earned All-Big Ten accolades: Dorka Juhász 2nd Team and All-Freshman Team, Carmen Grande and Carly Santoro each earned honorable mention honors.
- Point guard Carmen Grande is 3rd in the Big Ten at 5.0 assists per game. With her 1,000th career point on Feb. 21, Grande became just the 31st player in NCAA history with more than 1,000 points and 800 assists in a career.
- Grande is also the NCAA active assist leader for men or women with 837.
- Dorka Juhász was named second team All-Big Ten and was named to the All-Freshman Team by the league’s 14 coaches. The Hungary native has a team-high 10 double-doubles on the season and is leading the team in both scoring (11.6 ppg) and rebounding (8.9 rpg).
- Freshman guard Janai Crooms has scored nine or more points in 16 of the last 17 games (consistent!!). She has two 20-point games this season and is shooting over 50 percent since the start of conference play.
- Carly Santoro is also averaging in double-figures at 11.5 points per game and has a team-high eight games of 15 or more points. She also leads the team in three-pointers with 41.
OSU IN THE WNIT
- This is just the second time Ohio State is participating in the WNIT. But the first time went pretty well.
- The previous appearance was in 2001 when the Buckeyes won five games in route to the title.
- They beat Cincinnati and DePaul at home, then won at Western Kentucky before returning home to beat James Madison in the semifinals.
- The championship game was played in front of 18,018 fans in The Pit at New Mexico. Jamie Lewis made two late threes to lead the Buckeyes to a 62-61 victory.