COLUMBUS, Ohio – With the doubles point and three straight-set singles wins, the No. 7-ranked Ohio State women’s tennis team defeated Purdue, 4-0, Sunday afternoon outside at the Swartz Tennis Center in West Lafayette, Ind.
Ohio State, on a six-match winning streak and 12-1 in its last 13 matches, is 14-4 overall this season and 7-0 in Big Ten play.
Against Purdue (10-9, 2-5 B1G), the duos of Sydni Ratliff and Isabelle Boulais and Lucia Marzal and Irina Cantos Siemers won on courts one and two, respectively, for the doubles point and 1-0 lead. Madeline Atway, Marzal and Boulais each posted straight-set singles wins for the victory.
Quoting Coach Melissa Schaub
“We competed well in tough conditions. It was good to get outside and play against a good Purdue team on the road.”
Ohio State vs Purdue
Apr 10 at West Lafayette, Ind.
(Schwartz Tennis Center)
#7 Ohio State 4, Purdue 0
1. Csilla Fodor (PUR) vs. #7 Irina Cantos Siemers (OSU) 4-6, 6-1, 1-2, unfinished
2. #32 Isabelle Boulais (OSU) def. C. Gallardo Guevara (PUR) 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
3. T. Katarina Milic (PUR) vs. #56 Sydni Ratliff (OSU) 6-1, 1-6, 2-1, unfinished
4. Rut Galindo (PUR) vs. Kolie Allen (OSU) 6-7 (5-7), 4-4, unfinished
5. Lucia Marzal (OSU) def. Juana Larranaga (PUR) 6-4, 6-0
6. Madeline Atway (OSU) def. Seira Shimizu (PUR) 6-1, 6-3
1. Sydni Ratliff/Isabelle Boulais (OSU) def. Nathalia Wolf/Rut Galindo (PUR) 6-3
2. Lucia Marzal/Irina Cantos Siemers (OSU) def. Csilla Fodor/Seira Shimizu (PUR) 6-2
3. T. Katarina Milic/C. Gallardo Guevara (PUR) vs. Shelly Bereznyak/Kolie Allen (OSU) 6-5, unfinished
Ohio State 14-4, 7-0 B1G; National ranking #7
Purdue 10-9, 2-5 B1G
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2); Singles (6,5,2)