COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 7 Ohio State women’s tennis team defeated Purdue, 4-0, Friday evening in the Ty Tucker Tennis Center, improving to 11-5 overall and 4-0 in the Big Ten.
Ohio State took the doubles point with wins on court one from Irina Cantos Siemers and Sydni Ratliff (6-3) and court three from Kolie Allen and Danielle Willson (6-1). Shelly Bereznyak, Allen and Willson earned straight-set wins in single to clinch the Buckeye victory.
Quoting head coach Melissa Schaub
“I thought we played a solid match today. Shelly Bereznyak has been doing an amazing job for us this year and playing very good tennis. Kolie and Dani also getting wins today was great. Now we will get ready for a road match against Northwestern. We know it will be tough.”
Ohio State travels to Illinois to play Northwestern (5-9, 1-1 B1G) at 3:30 p.m. ET Sunday.
Purdue vs Ohio State
3/24/2023 at Columbus, Ohio
(Ty Tucker Tennis Center)
#7 Ohio State 4, Purdue 0
1. #21 Irina Cantos Siemers (OSU) vs. Liz Norman (PUR) 7-6 (3), 2-2, unfinished
2. #36 Sydni Ratliff (OSU) vs. Csilla Fodor (PUR) 6-7 (5), 1-0, unfinished
3. Lucia Marzal (OSU) vs. Carmen Galladro Guerara (PUR) 6-1, 5-5, unfinished
4. #91 Shelly Bereznyak (OSU) def. Tara Katarina Milic (PUR) 6-0, 6-0
5. Kolie Allen (OSU) def. Kennedy Gibbs (PUR) 6-1, 6-4
6. Danielle Willson (OSU) def. Juana Larranaga (PUR) 6-2, 6-3
1. #8 Irina Cantos Siemers/Sydni Ratliff (OSU) def. Csilla Fodor/Liz Norma (PUR), 6-3
2. Tara Katarina Milic/Carmen Gallardro Guevara (PUR) def. Isabelle Boulais/Shelly Bereznyak (OSU), 6-4
3. Kolie Allen/Danielle Willson (OSU) def. Juana Larranaga/Kennedy Gibbs (PUR), 6-1
Purdue 11-3 (2-1 B1G)
Ohio State 11-5 (4-0 B1G); National ranking #7
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (4, 5, 6)
Official: Marcus Lee T-2:15 A-140