Dec. 5, 2017
Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
Ohio State heads back out on the road for a matchup with SEC foe Florida on Wednesday evening. The game is part of a men’s and women’s doubleheader in Gainesville and will start at 5:30 p.m.
NOTING OHIO STATE
- The Buckeyes head back out on the road for a tough non-conference test at Florida.
- OSU won all three neutral site games at the Play4Kay Showcase but dropped its only true road game of the year thus far at Duke last week.
- This will be just the second meeting all-time between Florida and Ohio State.
- The Buckeyes are seventh in the country in scoring at 89.5 ppg and have topped the century mark twice this season.
- Kelsey Mitchell leads the country in scoring at 25.7 ppg and has also made the most three-pointers of any player in the country with 43. She is fourth in the country at 4.3 threes per game.
- Mitchell passed Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis of UConn on Nov. 24 to become the NCAA DI all-time career three-point leader. She has made 411 in her career.
- Mitchell is just eight points away from tying Jantel Lavender for most points in OSU history. Lavender scored 2,818 points from 2008-11.
- Stephanie Mavunga and Linnae Harper are one of four pairs of teammates to each have at least four double-doubles this season. Mavunga has notched six and Harper four.
- Mavunga is grabbing an average of 5.2 offensive rebounds per game which leads the conference and is fifth-best in the country.
- Mavunga is one of only two players in the country to have 16 or more rebounds in a game three times. Her 26 vs. Stanford are the most by any player this season.
- Harper has notched at least two steals in all 10 games so far.
- Asia Doss is second in the Big Ten with a 3.4 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Head coach Kevin McGuff notched his 100th win as Buckeye head coach on Nov. 23.
Series History vs. Florida
- This will just be the second game all-time between Ohio State and Florida.
- The two teams met in the first round of the 2012 NCAA Tournament.
- Playing in Bowling Green, Ohio, the No. 9 seed Gators topped the No. 8 seeded Buckeyes 70-65.
- Florida then fell to Brittany Griner and top-seeded Baylor in the second round.