ADDITIONAL INFO: Season Stats | Livestats | B1G+ | Roster | Schedule | Tickets
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 10 Ohio State women’s gymnastics team begins its conference slate this weekend, welcoming No. 15 Iowa to the Covelli Center Sunday, Jan. 22 at 2 p.m. The meet will be streamed on B1G+ (subscription required).
BUCKEYES IN A NUTSHELL
- The Buckeyes return to Columbus after finishing first in a quad meet at Georgia on Monday. The team earned an overall score of 196.250 to finish ahead of No. 20 Georgia (196.125), Rutgers (194.675) and Fisk (190.100).
- Ohio State is 6-0 on the year after two meets. The team opened the season with wins over Arizona, Kentucky and Greenville on Jan. 8 in Columbus.
- The Buckeyes rank top-15 nationally on vault, bars and floor. The team is seventh on vault (49.250), 13th on bars (49.175), 14th on floor (49.250).
- Graduate student Claire Gagliardi leads the Buckeyes on floor this year with a 9.950. She currently ranks third in the country with the career-high score.
- Lexi Edwards is fourth in the country with a season-high 9.925 on vault.
- Colby Miller has won both event titles on uneven bars this season, earning a career-high tying 9.950 on the apparatus on Monday.
- On the year, five Buckeyes have earned event titles. In addition to Miller, Payton Harris and Ella Hodges have each earned a beam title with 9.900s scores and Gagliardi and Edwards earned the floor and vault titles, respectively, in the season opener.
- The Buckeyes have won the team event titles on uneven bars and vault in both meets this season.
BUCKEYES VS. HAWKEYES
- Ohio State is 14-9-1 against Iowa in the all-time series.
- The team’s meet for a dual meet in Columbus this weekend for the first time since 2019. The Buckeyes won the last matchup at home, 195.00-194.775. The last dual meeting between the programs was in 2021 at Iowa.
OHIO STATE WOMEN’S GYMNASTICS MEET TICKETS
- Fans can purchase season or single meet tickets by visiting OhioStateBuckeyes.com/tickets or contacting the Ohio State Athletic Ticket Office at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
- For group ticket offers, contact the Athletic Ticket Sales Team at 1-800-GOBUCKS or email email@example.com to speak with an account executive.
The Buckeyes are on the road next weekend to meet Michigan in Ann Arbor. The meet between the Buckeyes and Wolverines is set for 4 p.m. at the Crisler Center and will be streamed on B1G+.