Senior Matt Borges, one of four captains on the 2019 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team, was recently mic’d up for a practice. Borges is a member of the Buckeyes’ defensive unit that has led the Big Ten in goals against average for the last two seasons.
• Two-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten selection.
• Voted team’s Most Outstanding Freshman in 2016.
AS A JUNIOR (2018)
• Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week (3/6/18) and picking up 10 ground balls and causing five turnovers in games versus Marquette and Detroit.
• Started all 15 contests and ran his consecutive starts streak to 36 games dating back to the 2017 season.
• Helped Ohio State finish the regular season with the Big Ten’s best scoring defense, allowing an average of just 8.52 goals per game.
• The Buckeyes allowed just 7.00 goals per game over their last four contests – all against ranked teams.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
• Started all 21 games at close defense.
• 15 groundballs and six caused turnovers.
• Had four groundballs and a caused turnover at Rutgers April 29, with two shots on goal.
• Picked up two groundballs and caused two turnovers at Notre Dame March 25.
• Buckeye defense ranked 11th in the NCAA and first in the Big Ten, holding opponents to 8.38 goals per game.
• Earned Ohio State Scholar-Athlete accolades and was named to the Academic All-Big Ten team.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
• Played in all 15 games.
• Team’s Most Outstanding Freshman.
• Fourth on the team with 26 groundballs and tied for second with seven caused turnovers.
• Four groundballs and two caused turnovers at Johns Hopkins April 9.
• Four groundballs and caused a turnover vs. Towson March 15.
• Picked up three loose balls and had a caused turnover at Maryland April 24.
• Two caused turnovers vs. UMBC Feb. 26.
• Three groundballs vs. Notre Dame March 26.
• An Ohio State Scholar-Athlete.