COLUMBUS, Ohio —The No. 8/7 Ohio State men’s hockey team, after going 3-1 in nonconference games since returning from the December break, travels to take on Wisconsin this weekend in a Big Ten series. The Buckeyes (13-5-2, 6-3-1-0 B1G) and Badgers (7-10-1, 2-7-1-1 B1G) will meet at 8 p.m. CT/9 p.m. ET Friday and at 7 p.m. CT/8 p.m. ET Saturday in the Kohl Center in Madison, Wis. ESPNU will televise Friday’s matchup, with Saturday’s game on FS Wisconsin+ and SportsTime Ohio. Ohio State radio will have the call both nights. Gameday Links
Buckeye Notes to Know
- Ohio State is 7-1-1 in its last nine games, with the loss to No. 2 Cornell in the opening round of the Fortress Invitational last week in Las Vegas. In the last nine, the squad is scoring 2.56 goals a night, allowing 1.67 a contest.
- The Buckeyes were 6-3-1-0 in Big Ten play in the first half of the season and enter the weekend tied for second. Wisconsin is the lone B1G team Ohio State did not face in the first half. Eight of the final 14 B1G games will be road contests for the Buckeyes.
- Ohio State is the only Big Ten team (one of 19 nationally) to have played four games since returning from the December break. The squad swept Colgate at home before going 1-1 in Las Vegas with a loss to Cornell and win over Army.
- Ohio State has played in 11 one-goal games this season, with a 7-4 record in those outings. On the year, just three of the Buckeyes’ 20 games have been decided by more than two goals.
- All-American Tanner Laczynski is second among active NCAA skaters in career points (129) and leads all seniors with 1.06 points per game. He has a team-best 13 assists and 20 points this year.
- The Ohio State senior class is the sixth-highest scoring group of seniors in the nation. The eight seniors have combined for 74 points (3.70 points per game) this season.
- Ohio State has given up two or fewer goals in 16 of 20 games this season and is allowing 1.90 goals per contest. Tommy Nappier is in the Top 10 nationally with a 1.86 goals-against average and .933 save percentage in 19 games played.