COLUMBUS, Ohio. – The OSU men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams are in first and second place, respectively, after the second day of the Ohio State Fall Invitational. The men have 1,704 total points and the women have 1,579.5 points and are only 4.5 points behind first-place Indiana.
Men’s Meet Notes
- The Buckeyes placed third in the 200 medley relay, with the team of Thomas Watkins, Pete Krusinski, Alex Quach and Ruslan Gaziev finishing in 1:24.36, which is an NCAA B standard time.
- Quach won the 100 fly with an NCAA B standard time of 45.14. James Ward finished eighth with an NCAA B cut time of 46.95. In the B-final, Chachi Gustafson also turned in an NCAA B cut time of 47.01. Gustafson finished second in the B-final. Evan Fentress won the C-final with a time of 48.30.
- In the men’s 3-meter dive, Jack Matthews placed fifth (392.50), Clayton Chaplin placed sixth (386.35), Jacob Fielding placed seventh (385.65) and Lyle Yost placed eighth (380.15). All are NCAA Zones qualifying scores.
- Fabio Dalu placed second in the 400 IM with a time of 3:48.40. Owen Conley placed fourth with a time of 3:50.25 and William Bansberg placed fifth with a time of 3:50.26. All three times are NCAA B standard times. Tristan Jankovics won the C-final with an NCAA B cut time of 3:49.31 and Michael Cooper won the D-final with a time of 3:54.76.
- Gaziev raced the 200 free in 1:33.82 for a second-place finish. His time is an NCAA B standard time. Shaw Satterfield won the B-final with a time of 1:36.96.
- Watkins placed third in the 100 back with an NCAA B cut time of 47.06. Gustafson placed first in the C-final with a time of 48.12.
- The relay team of Ward, Watkins, Satterfield and Gaziev earned a second-place finish in the 800 free relay with a time of 6:23.13.
Women’s Meet Notes
- The relay team of Tristan Harrison, Leah Baker, Morgan Kraus and Teresa Ivan finished fifth in the 200 medley relay with a time of 1:37.80.
- Katherine Zenick won the 100 fly with an NCAA B standard time of 52.06. Kraus placed third (52.30), Harrison finished fourth (52.54), Aislinn Walsh placed sixth (53.12) and Catherine Russo finished ninth (53.51). All are NCAA B cut times.
- Felicia Pasadyn finished the 400 IM in an NCAA B standard time of 4:10.10 and placed fifth. Jessica Eden (4:14.05) and Kyra Sommerstad (4:14.90) placed sixth and seventh, respectively, and each had an NCAA B cut time. Mia Rankin finished second in the B-final with a time of 4:16.11, which is an NCAA B standard time.
- Amy Fulmer finished the 200 free in 1:44.70, which is an NCAA B standard time and earned her a second-place finish. Allie Fenska placed seventh with an NCAA B cut time of 1:45.76.
- Lena Hentschel placed second in the 1-meter dive with an overall score of 316.25. Mackenzie Crawford placed sixth (287.30), Jackie Brenn placed seventh (275.00), Amanda Ling placed eighth (272.85) and Ciara McGing placed ninth (269.20). All their scores are NCAA Zones qualifying scores.
- Nyah Funderburke placed third in the 100 back with an NCAA B cut time of 52.67. Harrison finished fifth with an NCAA B standard time of 53.05. Kraus won the B-final with an NCAA B cut time of 53.26. Ivan won the D-final with a time of 55.33.
- Ohio State finished third in the 800 free relay with the team of Pasadyn, Fenska, Zenick and Fulmer swimming the event in 7:07.30.
- The final day of the Ohio State Fall Invitational is Saturday, Nov. 19. Prelims begin at 9:30 a.m. and finals start at 5:30 p.m. Ohio State will celebrate Senior Day prior to the start of finals.