COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State track and field team continued its competition at the 126th Penn Relays on Friday. Nathaniel Tamminga, Cameron Cooper, Alex Kenish and Sean Carney broke the program’s outdoor record in the distance medley relay (9:49.01) to finish fourth overall.
Joshua Miller won the men’s collegiate shot put with a 17.64m throw on his final attempt.
- Anavia Battle, Leah Bertrand, Yanique Dayle and Nya Bussey had the fastest qualifying time (43.67) in the women’s 4x100m relay and will run in the championship round at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
- The Buckeye men (3:06.39) and women (3:31.72) had the fastest qualifying times in the 4x400m relay. The women’s finals are scheduled for Saturday at 3:29 p.m., followed immediately by the men at 3:35 p.m.
- Battle, Bussey, Dayle and Bertrand all qualified for the championships of the women’s 100m to be held on Saturday at 2:24 p.m. Battle led the qualifying field with an 11.22, while Bussey (11.29), Dayle (11.30) and Bertrand (11.55) also finished in the top-nine. On the men’s side, Eric Harrison qualified with the fourth-fastest time (10.42). The men’s championship will take place Saturday at 2:26 p.m.
- Alexus Pyles and Morgan Lewis qualify for Saturday’s 2:09 p.m. 100m hurdles finals with A. Pyles finishing fourth (13.42) and Lewis finishing eighth (13.63) in the qualifying rounds. Kentre Patterson moves onto the finals of the 110m hurdles (tomorrow at 2:15 p.m.) with the sixth-fastest qualifying time (13.97).
- The Buckeye women and men were each the runner ups in the sprint medley relay with the women finishing in 3:48.79 and the men in 3:18.19.
- Lacey Stringer finished third in the collegiate women’s shot put competition with a top throw of 15.44m, which is an outdoor personal-best for Stringer.
- In the women’s long jump, Cierra Pyles finished fourth (5.87m).
- Pyles, Chanler Robinson, Alyssa Marsh and Mabinty Kebe were fourth in the women’s 4x200m relay (1:36.76).
- In the men’s collegiate pole vault competition, Daniel Drellishak finished sixth by clearing 4.72m, while AnneMarie Moses rounded out the top-10 by clearing 3.63m on the women’s side.
- Adam Riedinger rounded out the top-10 in the men’s shot put collegiate competition (16.52m).
- The men’s 4x100m relay squad finished 10th overall (40.50).
- Marcia Sey was the first one out of the women’s 100m hurdles finals as she finished 10th (13.73). Oscar Smith did the same in the men’s 110m hurdles (14.02).
The Buckeyes compete at the final day of the Penn Relays on Saturday with field events beginning at 9:30 a.m. and track events beginning at 1:00 p.m.