Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State head coach Kevin McGuff announced on Thursday that Braxtin Miller and Rebeka Mikulášiková have both signed Big Ten tenders and will join the program next season.
Miller is an Ohio native as she led Dayton’s Archbishop Alter to three consecutive state championships from 2015-17. She was a two-time All-State honoree including earning first team honors as a senior. She then played two seasons at Oklahoma State where she averaged more than 13 points per game and earned honorable mention All-Big 12 honors each season. She was also a unanimous All-Freshman Team selection in 2017-18 and was one of 10 players named to last year’s preseason All-Big 12 team. Miller made 105 three-pointers in her two seasons in Stillwater which placed her in the top-10 in Oklahoma State history.
“I’m very familiar with Braxtin as she went to high school here in Ohio. We missed out on a chance to coach her the first time around but I’m extremely excited to welcome her into the program now,” said McGuff. “She can play multiple positions on the perimeter and we’ll use her in a variety of ways. She can shoot the three and can drive and finish around the rim as well. As you saw in her two seasons at Oklahoma State, she’s certainly an exceptional player at the highest level.”
Mikulášiková is a native of Nitra, Slovakia. She has played for Piestanske Cajky as an amateur for the last three seasons in the highest league in Slovakia and helped the team win the Slovakian Cup in 2017 and finish runner-up in the Central Europe women’s league. She has also played on four Slovakian National Teams including the Senior National Team at the FIBA Eurobasket Championship. She was the youngest player in the championship which featured the top players from across Europe. At the 2016 U18 European Championships, she averaged 10.3 points and was second in the entire tournament with 11.6 rebounds per game.
“I’m really excited to add Rebeka to the Buckeye family,” McGuff said. “She’s going to provide great depth with our post players and she’s extremely versatile. She is skilled around the basket and she can also play on the perimeter. I think she has a chance to be a special player here.
Prior to Ohio State
- Played two seasons at Oklahoma State before transferring
- Played in 62 games, making 59 starts and averaged 13.1 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game
- Her 105 three-pointers made put her ninth in Oklahoma State history in just two seasons
- Two-time honorable mention All-Big 12
- Was a unanimous Big 12 All-Freshman Team selection in 2017-18
- Named to the Preseason All-Big 12 Team in 2018-19
- Averaged 14.7 points per game as a sophomore which was 10th in the Big 12
- Also was in the top-15 in the conference in assists (3.5), free throw percentage (.754), steals (1.4), three-pointers made (50), three-point percentage (.327) and assist-to-turnover ratio (+1.7).
- Was third on the squad in scoring at 11.7 points per as a freshman and her 69 assists and 36 steals were both second-best on the team
- Earned Big 12 Freshman of the Week honors twice and was the National Freshman of the Week on Dec. 11, 2017
- Had one Big 12 Player of the Week honor on Dec. 3, 2018
- Led Alter to three consecutive state titles after finishing runner-up during her freshman season
- Averaged 16.1 points per game as a senior and earned All-Ohio honors and was named the Southwest District Player of the Year
- Received honorable mention All-State honors as a junior after averaging 16.8 points per game
- Two-time Greater Catholic League Player of the Year
- Has played for the club team Piestanske Cajky for the last three seasons in the highest league in Slovakia. Helped her team win the Slovakian Cup in 2017 and finish runner-up in the Central Europe women’s league.
- Averaging more than 8.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and shooting nearly 50 percent from the floor this year for Piestanske
- Has played on four Slovakian National Teams including the Senior National Team at the FIBA Eurobasket Championship. She was the youngest player in the championship which featured the top players from across Europe.
- Averaged 10.3 points and was second in the tournament with 11.6 rebounds per game at the U18 European Championships in 2016
- Also played in the 2014 and 2015 U16 European Championship for her national team
- Was a member of her hometown Bkm Junior UKF Nitra team from 2013-16. She led Nitra to a top-3 finish each season, was league MVP in 2016 and the Nitra the Junior Sportsman of the Year in 2014 and 2015.