Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | 2019 Roster | 2019 Schedule | PDF Box Score | Season Stats | HTML Box
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State (6-4-1, 1-2-1) defeated Rutgers (6-3-2, 0-2-1) 1-0 Sunday in Piscataway, New Jersey, to give head coach Brian Maisonneuve his first career Big Ten Conference victory. Junior Samuel Buzzas scored on a header in the 72nd minute off a corner kick delivered by junior Matteo Bennati.
Senior goal keeper Parker Siegfried recorded his 17th career shutout and fifth of the season in the win over the Scarlet Knights.
The Buckeyes have not lost away from Columbus this season in six outings, recording five wins and a tie.
- Parker Siegfried stopped four Rutgers chances in the first half to keep the game scoreless. He finished with six saves.
- Jack Holland took three of Ohio State’s six shots in the first half. He finished as the team leader.
- Ohio State is 5-2-0 all-time vs. the Scarlet Knights, including a 2-1 record in Piscataway.
- Samuel Buzzas scored his first Ohio State goal in the 72nd minute with a header off a corner kick from Matteo Bennati.
- Bennati has two assists with the Buckeyes this season.
- The Buckeyes have now gone six-consecutive games away from Columbus without a loss. Ohio State has wins at Dayton, vs. Eastern Illinois, at Bowling Green and at South Florida. The Buckeyes tied Northwestern on the road before the win at Rutgers.
- The last time Ohio State won or tied six or more games in a row away from home was during the 2007 season with the streak reached eight matches. Ohio State started with a win at Wisconsin and continued with a tie at Indiana, a tie at Louisville, a win at Michigan State, neutral wins over Michigan and Northwestern and a tie with Indiana in the Big Ten Tournament before an NCAA win over UMass. The streak was broken by Wake Forest in the NCAA final, 2-1.
Shots: Ohio State 10, Rutgers 12
Saves: Ohio State 6, Rutgers 2
Shots on Goal: Ohio State 3, Rutgers 6
Corner Kicks: Ohio State 7, Rutgers 5
The Buckeyes return to Columbus to face Cleveland State at 7 p.m. Saturday in Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.