Dates: Oct. 2-10, 2021
Time: All Day
Venue: Michael D. Case Tennis Center – Tulsa, Okla.
Website: Tournament Website
COLUMBUS, Ohio – After a good opening weekend to the fall, seven members of the Ohio State men’s tennis team will head to Tulsa, Okla., to compete in the annual ITA All-American Championships. Action gets underway this weekend and will run through Oct. 10. Live scoring and video will be available throughout the tournament.
- Cannon Kingsley and Matej Vocel have both earned a spot in the 64-player main singles draw. James Trotter, Justin Boulais and JJ Tracy will start in the singles qualifier while Robert Cash and Andrew Lutschaunig will begin the week in the pre-qualifier.
- In doubles, Trotter and Boulais had a great collegiate season in the spring and have earned a spot in the main draw. Vocel and Cash as well as Kingsley and Tracy will start in the qualifying draw.
- The Buckeyes have had success at the event in recent years with JJ Wolf winning the singles title in 2018 and Alex Kobelt and Kyle Seelig making the finals of the doubles draw in the same year. Mikael Torpegaard also won the consolation single bracket in 2015.
- Ohio State has five players in the ITA singles and doubles rankings to start the season. Transfer Matej Vocel leads the way in the singles rankings at No. 20. Junior Cannon Kingsley checks in at No. 65 while James Trotter is No. 87 and JJ Tracy is No. 99.
- The doubles team of Vocel and Robert Cash begin the season ranked No. 40.
- Cash went a perfect 6-0 on the opening weekend of the fall at the Southern Intercollegiates in Athens, Ga.
- Lutschaunig and Trotter had an impressive run through the doubles draw of the ATP Tennis Ohio Championship, making the final and finishing runner-up.
- The Buckeyes are coming off a season that saw them claim a share of the Big Ten East Division regular season crown, advance to the Big Ten Tournament championship match and then reach the final site of the NCAA Tournament for the 15th consecutive season.