Fans can now follow Cameron Heyward’s journey to the NFL in a new Web series called “Everything to Prove,” which just kicked off on NFL.com at www.NFL.com/ProveIt.
NFL Films and Gatorade are producing the series, which follows the behind-the-scenes drama as 14 potential NFL rookies (lineup below) make the leap from college to the pros. “Everything to Prove” will highlight the many challenges faced by pro prospects, going behind the scenes at Senior Bowl, the Combine, Draft Day, moving to a new city, and the countless workouts, hijinx and weight room sessions in between.
Cameron is prominently featured in the third episode, and it will continue all the way to kick-off 2011. The series just debuted a few weeks ago, so it’s a great time to spread the word. The latest episodes follow several rookies in the Senior Bowl, see them visit Super Bowl XLV, and show them working with Gatorade Sports Science Institute scientists in a lab designed to help elevate performance, and see several prospects aim to impress at the Combine.
Watch episodes: www.NFL.com/ProveIt
Highlights of the first four episodes include:
- Episode 1: The journey to the NFL begins for top prospects around the country, and each rookie has unique hurdles to overcome. Mark Herzlich shares his battle with cancer, Jake Locker explains why he turned down millions of dollars, and Stephen Paea strives to support his family.
- Episode 2: For Von Miller, Jake Locker, Mark Herzlich, and others, the Senior Bowl provides a critical opportunity to impress pro scouts and coaches heading into the NFL Draft. Meanwhile, Stephen Paea grapples with an ill-timed injury.
- Episode 3: Nate Solder displays toughness on the field, and an artistic streak off it. A handful of elite rookies get their first taste of the NFL with a behind-the-scenes visit to Super Bowl XLV in Dallas, including an impromptu tour of the infamous “grassy knoll.” Cameron Heyward talks about his NFL dreams and his late father, Craig “Ironhead” Heyward.
- Episode 4: With the NFL Combine looming, rookies like Cameron Heyward, Jake Locker and Von Miller go from the gridiron to the laboratory in an effort to elevate their game. And elite prospects Blaine Gabbert, A.J. Green and J.J. Watt take a wild ride during a rare night off.
- Episode 5: At the 2011 NFL Combine,prospects Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Von Miller, Stephen Paea and Jake Locker all test their athletic ability, endurance and workout routines as they chase their football dreams.
- Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
- AJ Green, WR, Georgia
- Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
- Cameron Heyward, DT, Ohio State
- Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
- Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
- Jake Locker, QB, Washington
- Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
- DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
- Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
- Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
- Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
- Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut
- JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin