COLUMBUS – Five Ohio State Buckeye men’s lacrosse players received their degrees at the university’s spring commencement inside of Ohio Stadium. A record 12,213 degrees and certificates were awarded. Fareed Zakaria, host of Fareed Zakaria GPS for CNN Worldwide and columnist for The Washington Post, gave the commencement address.
Those receiving their degrees in front of thousands of friends, family and supporters were:
• Lukas Buckley – A two-year starter in the midfield, Buckley was fifth on this year’s team in points (13) and tied for third in assists (eight). He is a finance major who is a Big Ten Distinguished Scholar and OSU Scholar-Athlete.
• Matt Borges – A stalwart on the defensive end of the field, Borges started 48 consecutive games from 2017-19 and caused a team-high 16 turnovers this past season. His 1.33 caused turnovers per game average was the highest among a Buckeye defender since Keenan Ochwat in 2012. Borges received his degree in finance.
• Brian Lang – Lang did not see any game action in 2019 but was a letterwinner the previous three seasons. Like Buckley and Borges, he also received his degree in finance.
• Cullen Sowder – A Savage, Minn. native, Sowder was a four-time OSU Scholar-Athlete and also earned his degree in finance.
• Matt Sallade – Sallade exhausted his eligibility in 2018 and the Lancaster, Pa. native received his degree in sport industry.