Results: Tennessee Relays | Joe May Invitational
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State track and field team competed at both the Tennessee Relays and Joe May Invitational on Saturday.
At the Tennessee Relays, the OSU women won the distance medley relay with a time of 11:33.39. Aziza Ayoub, Mabinty Kebe, Mallory Mulzer and Addie Engel made up the winning relay team. The OSU men (Nick Miller, Cameron Cooper, Alex Kenish, Ivan Slyepkan) won the 4x800m relay (7:26.16). Abigail Kuhn won the pole vault by clearing 4.07m.
At the Joe May Invitational, Tyler Johnson set the men’s 400m meet record (44.95), breaking the previous record by a convincing 1.76 seconds. Kentre Patterson won the 110m hurdles (13.60), doing so in the fastest Ohio State men’s time of the season.
Joe May Invitational:
- In the men’s 4x400m relay, Armani Modeste, Donnie James, Johnson and Zidane Brown finished second (3:02.52) with the fastest OSU time of the season. Their time also beat the previous meet record of 3:10.25.
- The Buckeye women finished third in the 4x400m relay (3:33.53), which was just 0.04 seconds out of second place. Chanler Robinson, Bryannia Murphy, Yanique Dayle and Jaydan Wood’s time was better than the previous meet record of 3:42.19.
- In the women’s 400m, Murphy finished third (53.18) and Wood finished fourth (53.28).
- The Buckeye men had two more in the top-10 of the 400m following Johnson’s win. Modeste’s 46.55 was better than the previous meet record and good for seventh place. James finished ninth overall (46.76).
- In the women’s 400m hurdles, Robinson finished third overall (59.92). Oscar Smith finished sixth on the men’s side (54.87).
- The Ohio State women finished fourth (43.40) in the 4x100m relay with Dayle, Anavia Battle, Nya Bussey and Alyssa Marsh running. OSU finished fifth (39.78) on the men’s side with Eric Harrison, James, Modeste and Johnson running.
- In the 100m, Eric Harrison finished third (10.20) on the men’s side. The Buckeye women had two in the top-10 as Bussey finished seventh (11.42) and Dayle finished 10th (11.46).
- Bussey and Dayle also finished in the top-10 of the 200m as Bussey was eighth (23.90) and Dayle was right behind her in ninth (23.99).
- Smith also finished in the top-10 of the men’s 110m hurdles, coming in ninth.
- OSU’s women had two others in the top-10 behind Kuhn’s win as AnneMarie Moses was the runner-up (3.80m) and Morgan Fijalkowski finished 10th (3.50m).
- The Ohio State men’s 4x400m relay team finished second (3:19.19).
- The Buckeye men began the final day of competition by finishing third in the 4x1500m relay (16:04.51) as Nathaniel Tamminga, Jake Wickert, Sean Carney and Alex Dediu ran the relay. The Buckeye women finished sixth in the 4x1500m relay (19:08.66) as Annie Allen, Ava Tenaglia, Gia Napoleon and Akemi Von Scherr made up the relay squad.
- In the distance medley relay, the OSU men finished seventh (10:13.42) with Nick Regas, Tyrese Fajardo, David Palmer, Jack Good on the relay.
The Buckeyes travel to South Carolina for the Gamecock Invitational on Saturday, April 16.