Facebook, Twitter and Instagram | 2021-22 Schedule | OSU/Folds of Honor
Wolverine Invitational | University of Michigan Golf Course
Dates: Sept. 13-14, 2021
Course: University of Michigan Golf Course – Ann Arbor, Michigan
Par/Yardage: Par 71 – 6,232 yards
Live Scoring: Golfstat
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: Monday (36) and Tuesday (18) — Shotgun start at 8:45 a.m. both days
Teams: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Toledo, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Washington, Xavier
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State women’s golf team begins competition this fall at the Wolverine Invitational in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Monday. The event will be the first for Lisa Strom, who took over as head coach of the Ohio State program last summer.
- Ohio State’s lineup this week will consist of Aneka Seumanutafa, Kristin Jamieson, Lauren Peter, Faith Choi and Jillian Bourdage. Alexis Phadungmartvorakul will compete as an individual.
- The Buckeyes are participating in the Folds of Honor program this year to honor military heros lost or wounded in action. Each week a member of the Buckeyes will carry a bag that will be auctioned after the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program. This week Aneka Seumanutafa will carry the designated golf bag after winning the team qualifier last week. The player carrying the bag each week will be indicated by (FOH) on the pretournament lineup graphic.
- The Buckeyes return their Top 5 scorers from last year: Kristin Jamieson, Lauren Peter, Aneka Seumanutafa, Skylar Thompson and Kailie Vongsaga. Seumanutafa led the way (72.53) and was a First Team All-Big Ten selection in the spring of 2021.
- Jillian Bourdage and Emily Hummer sat out last season as redshirts. The Buckeyes added transfer Alexis Phadungmartvorakul from Oregon along with true freshman Faith Choi of Frederick, Maryland.
- Seumanutafa, Peter, Vongsaga, Jamieson and Thompson played in all seven events a year ago.
- This week is the first of four fall events. The Buckeyes travel to the Mason Rudolph (Vanderbilt/Sept. 24-26); host the Barbara Nicklaus Cup (Oct. 4-5 at Muirfield Village GC) and finish at the Tar Heel Invitational (UNC/Oct. 15-17).
- The Spring portion of the schedule gets underway with Big Ten Match Play (Jan. 31-Feb. 1) in Palm Harbor Florida.
- The weather forecast for the Wolverine Invitational calls for partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the 80s with a slight chance of rain both days.