COLUMBUS, Ohio – Eight members of the women’s gymnastics team earned Big Ten Distinguished Scholar honors for the 2019-20 academic year, the conference office announced today. To be eligible, a student-athlete must maintain a 3.70 or better grade-point average for the academic year.
The Buckeye honorees were:
- Nevin Adamski, a senior health sciences major from Virginia Beach, Va.
- Olivia Aepli, a senior marketing major from Dublin, Ohio
- Claire Gagliardi, a sophomore psychology major from Hubbard, Ohio
- Kaitlyn Gilson, a sophomore communications major from Hudson, Wisc.
- Morgan Lowe, a junior exercise science education major from Dallas, Texas
- Colby Miller, a sophomore accounting major from Mason, Ohio
- Miriam Perez, a sophomore communications major from Los Angeles, Calif.
- Kali Schierl, a sophomore human nutrition major from Stevens Point, Wisc.
Ohio State led all conference schools with a total of 164 distinguished scholars. Adamski and Gagliardi were two of 26 Buckeye student-athletes who had a 4.0 grade-point average for the year.