Columbus, Ohio – Sunday, 169 current and former Ohio State student-athletes will receive their degrees at Spring Commencement in Ohio Stadium. The ceremony is scheduled to begin at noon and will be streamed online here.
Complete list of Spring 2019 Student-Athlete Graduates
Among the student-athletes graduates are national and conference champions, All-Americans, academic standouts and Big Ten Medal of Honor winners and finalists.
The list includes …
- 2019 Big Ten Medal of Honor winners Mason Jobst and Karrington Winters. The award is given to the top male and female senior student-athlete (based on athletics and academics) on each Big Ten campus. Jobst is the second two-time All-American in Ohio State men’s hockey history and a three-time All-Big Ten selection and was part of three NCAA Tournament teams. Winters, part of the women’s track and field team, is a three-time First Team All-American, two-time Second Team All-American and owns three Ohio State records.
- Greg Oden returned to Ohio State to pursue his undergraduate degree after leading the men’s basketball Buckeyes to the Final Four during his freshman season in 2007. He has spent the last few years assisting with the Ohio State men’s basketball program as a student assistant coach. He was the No. 1 pick of the 2007 NBA Draft by the Portland Trailblazers but his professional playing career was cut short by injury.
- Nick Mangold and Santonio Holmes, who each had long and successful NFL careers, are both graduating through the university’s degree completion program.
- Lilli Piper and Emily Clark, seniors on the softball team, were selected in the third and fourth rounds, respectively, of the National Pro Fastpitch College Draft April 15. Piper is a two-time All-American and First Team All-Big Ten selection, while Clark earned All-Big Ten recognition twice.
- Jaclyn Lee of the women’s golf team was a Second Team WGCA All-American, First Team All-Big Ten selection. Lee, who is currently playing professionally, was the 2018 Big Ten Championships medalist, finishing in a tie for fifth at the NCAA Championships that year. Her teammate, Niki Schroeder, was the 2019 Big Ten Championships medalist and the Buckeyes won the Big Ten team title.
- Myles Martin won an NCAA wrestling championship in 2016 and finished his career as a four-time All-American as well as a 2019 Big Ten champion. Kollin Moore and Joey McKenna both are two-time Big Ten champions and three-time All-Americans, with Moore holding one more year of eligibility. Moore and McKenna, along with fellow 2019 grad Micah Jordan, all made NCAA finals in 2019 and all four have been part of NCAA Top 3 team finishes and Big Ten championship teams.
- Fencer Marc-Antoine Blais Belanger was a four-time All-American, the 2016 NCAA runner-up and claimed the NCAA epee title in 2018.
- Cole Gorski, the 2018 Big Ten indoor pole vault champion and a two-time Honorable Mention USTFCCCA All-American, is a CoSIDA Academic All-American.
- Sanil Thomas was a member of the back-to-back national champion men’s volleyball teams in 2016 and 2017 and has earned Honorable Mention All-America and First team All-MIVA accolades.
- Jincy Dunne of the women’s hockey team is a two-time All-American and First Team All-WCHA selection who was part of the program’s first NCAA Frozen Four trip in 2018.
- Will Grimmer is a two-time men’s golf U.S. Open qualifier. He has been selected for the Arnold Palmer Cup, the collegiate version of the Ryder Cup that features 12 of the top ranked United States golfers against 12 of their international counterparts.
The 169 spring graduates join 40 current and former student-athletes who earned their Ohio State degree at winter commencement. At the annual Scholar-Athlete Dinner in April, 674 Buckeyes were recognized. There have been 212 Ohio State student-athletes named to the Academic All-Big Ten Team so far this year, with spring and at-large sports still to come.