The Ohio State University Field Hockey Staff will be hosting a Coaching Seminar Series this spring. The Coaching Seminar Series’ goal is to provide an opportunity to all coaches to learn different perspectives and approaches to coaching ﬁeld hockey at any level. It is also an opportunity to bring our coaching community together and share ideas related to our sport.
COACHING SEMINAR TOPICS
• FEBRUARY 26: Basics of Coaching – What type of coach do you want to be?
• MARCH 26: Intermediate Training – Establishing a culture of growth
• APRIL 30: Advanced Training – How to reach an elite level of performance
***All three sessions will cover the technical and tactical aspects of the game, as well as pedagogical component for coaching.
OHIO STATE COACHING SEMINAR STAFF
• JARRED MARTIN – Head Field Hockey Coach
• HOMERO PARDI – Assistant Field Hockey Coach
• KATE LIPTON – Assistant Field Hockey Coach
• DR. PHILLIP WARD – Professor of Physical Education/Kinesiology Department of Human Sciences, The Ohio State University
• KEVIN ENCHELMEYER – Strength and Conditioning Coach, The Ohio State University
• OBIDIAH ATKINSON – Graduate Assistant/Ph.D. Candidate- Department of Human Sciences, The Ohio State University
The Coaching Seminar Series will be held in The Ohio State Field Hockey Theater located at the brand new, state of the art, Schumaker Complex.
The Coaching Seminar Series fee is $20 for each session or $50 for all three sessions. The series is open to any and all coaches ages 18 and older. Full payment is required at the time of registration. You may register online by visiting OhioStateBuckeyes.com/Camps. A 3% processing fee will be added to all online registrations. If registering by mail, please make your check payable to The Ohio State University. Any non-scholastic group of 5 or more that wishes to pay with one check for the entire group must do so ahead of time via mail. Any non-scholastic organization with a group of 5 or more registering the day of camp must pay with credit card, cash or money order. No exceptions will be made.
MEALS & HOUSING
The Coaching Seminar Series is a day camp only and no meals or overnight accommodations will be provided. Participants are responsible for providing their own overnight accommodations if needed. Hotel information can be provided upon request.
Upon processing of each registration, a conﬁrmation notice will be sent by email. A packet of “Important Information for Registered Participants” will be posted online at OhioStateBuckeyes.com/camps at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the clinic. This packet will not be separately mailed to participants.
Please check your email regularly, as this is our primary method of communication with registered participants.
The registration fee and the 3% online processing are not refundable for ANY reason.
Buckeye Sports Camps
(614) 247-CAMP (2267)