RALEIGH, N.C. – The Ohio State men’s track and field team wrapped up the opening weekend of the 2010 outdoor season Saturday afternoon at the adidas Raleigh Relays.
Redshirt freshman Jared Hall turned in the top performance on the day for the Buckeyes, capturing the title in the 800m invitational with an impressive season-opening time of 1:50.54, second-best in the Big Ten so far this season. Hall edged in-state foe Michael Rutherford of Cincinnati (1:51.24) for the win.
- The 4x400m relay team of Thomas Murdaugh, Elon Simms, Korbin Smith and Brandon Woodard finished fifth in 3:10.83, tops in the Big Ten. St. Augustine’s was first with a time of 3:06.69.
- Bryan Bunnell opened his season with a ninth place finish in the javelin (55.32m/181-06). Buffalo’s Casey Garbaty was the winner at 68.43m (224-06).
- Jonathan Francois finished 10th in the 110m hurdle finals in a time of 14.61. Drew Brunson won the event with is time of 13.62.
- Tyler Branch took 10th-place in the hammer throw (52.98m/173-10), followed by Billy Gehrig (52.78m/173-02) and Max Mays (52.55m/172-05). Jesse Doty, representing the Syracuse Chargers, took the title at 64.42m (211-04).
- Derek Blevins was 11th in the triple jump (13.98m/45-10.50). Joseph Kindred was first with a mark of 15.49m (50-10).
The Buckeyes return to the track April 7 for the Sea Ray Relays before hosting rival Michigan in “The Dual” Saturday, April 10 at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.