COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams host the Denison Big Red on Friday, Nov. 11 for a dual meet starting at 5:00 p.m.
- Fans can find paid parking in either the Tuttle Garage or the Neil Ave Garage. Parking in the Neil Garage opens after 4:00 p.m. on weekdays.
Men’s Meet Notes
- The No. 12 Buckeyes opened the season with a 187.5-165.5 dual meet victory over No. 11 Virginia Tech.
- The relay team of James Ward, Ruslan Gaziev, Jack Burroughs and Alex Quach placed first in the 200 free relay with a time of 1:19.13.
- Charlie Clark, who earned the bronze medal in the 1500m free at the 2022 FINA World Cup last weekend, took first in the 500 free, finishing about seven seconds ahead of the second-place finisher. He also won the 1000 free with a time of 9:02.58, which was 17 seconds faster than the second-place swimmer.
- Thomas Watkins won the 200 back with an NCAA B cut time of 1:44.04. He also won the 100 back with a time of 47.68.
- Gaziev (43.58), Quach (43.72) and Ward (43.88) placed second, third and fourth, respectively, in the 100 free. Gaziev’s time is an NCAA B Standard time.
- Chachi Gustafson finished first in the 200 fly with a time of 1:48.64.
- Lyle Yost’s score of 396.23 in the 3-meter dive earned him a second-place finish and is an NCAA Zones qualifying score.
- Ohio State placed first in the 200 medley relay, with the team of Quach, Karl Helmuth, James Ward and Gaziev swimming the event in 1:27.30.
- Gaziev’s time of 1:37.22 in the 200 free earned him a tie for first place.
- Quach placed second in the 100 fly with an NCAA B cut time of 46.63.
- Jack Matthews won the 1-meter dive with a score of 380.63, which is an NCAA Zones qualifying score.
- The relay team of Quach, Ward, Shaw Satterfield and Gaziev won the 400 free relay with a time of 2:52.84.
Women’s Meet Notes
- The Buckeye women are 2-0, most recently defeating Akron, 224-71.
- The Buckeyes opened the meet with a victory in the 200 medley relay, with the team of Nyah Funderburke, Josephine Panitz, Katherine Zenick and Amy Fulmer swimming the event in 1:39.57.
- Gwen Woodbury took first place in the 1000 free with a time of 9:56.92 and had a 15-second lead on the second-place finisher.
- Felicia Pasadyn won the 200 free with a time of 1:49.61 and placed first in the 500 free with a time of 4:51.41. She also won the 200 IM, swimming the event in 2:00.38.
- The Buckeyes and Zips competed in multiple two-person relays, with the first being the 2×100 back relay. Morgan Kraus and Tristan Harrison earned the win with a time of 1:47.62.
- Reese Dehen and Panitz took first place in the 2×100 breast relay, finishing in 2:04.74.
- Zenick and Catherine Russo placed first in the 2×50 free relay; they sawm the event in 46.10.
- Mackenzie Crawford placed first in the 3-meter dive with an overall score of 339.60. She also won the 1-meter dive with a score of 309.38. Both are NCAA Zones qualifying scores.
- The top spot in the 2×100 free relay went to Fulmer and Mairin O’Brien with a time of 1:40.17.
- In the 200 breast, Leah Baker took first place, finishing in 2:17.03.
- The relay team of Aislinn Walsh and Panitz took first in the 2×100 fly relay with a time of 1:49.99.
- The Buckeyes closed the meet with a win in the 200 free relay; the team of Zenick, Funderburke, Russo and Fulmer finished in 1:32.07.
- The Big Red men and women both finished third at the Akron Zips Classic to open the season.
- The women have one win; they defeated Xavier, 137-125, on Oct. 29. They most recently faced Kenyon in 183-117 loss.
- The Denison men fell to both Xavier (178-84) and Kenyon (233-67).
- The Buckeyes host the Ohio State Fall Invitational Nov. 17-19.