2023 Roster // 2023 Schedule // Follow on Twitter // Follow on Facebook // Season Stats
COLUMBUS, Ohio – After playing four games in the friendly confines of Buckeye Field last week, the Ohio State softball team takes its show on the road Wednesday for a non-conference midweek contest at Dayton. First pitch against the Flyers is slated for 3 p.m. at the UD Softball Stadium.
Ohio State at Dayton // Wednesday, March 29 // 3 p.m. // Dayton, Ohio; UD Softball Stadium
Watch Live: ESPN+ // Live Stats // Twitter Updates
Briefly on the Buckeyes
- Following Monday’s 8-7 series-clinching win over rival Michigan, Ohio State is 20-8 overall on the season.
- The Buckeyes have won 14 of their last 15 games and are 17-3 in their last 20 contests.
- Ohio State entered this week with the Big Ten’s fourth-best overall batting average at .308. Six players who have started 19 or more games are batting over .300.
- That group is led by Melina Wilkison, who checks in with a .407 average, 25 RBI, three home runs and a .637 slugging percentage.
- Wilkson’s average is the fifth-best in the Big Ten and her OPS (on base plus slugging percentage) in No. 10 at 1.110.
- In the nine spot in the batting order, Kaitlyn Farley is hitting .375 with five doubles and 14 RBI. Her on-base percentage of .474 is tops on the team.
- In the last 10 games, Farley is batting .545 with a .655 on-base percentage.
- Mariah Rodriguez (.343, 14 RBI), Tegan Cortelletti (.333, seven stolen bases), Kami Kortokrax (.318, 10 doubles), Jaycee Ruberti (.309, 10 RBI) and Destinee Noury (.307, 18 RBI) are the other Buckeyes north of the .300 mark.
- Allison Smith continues to lead the team in all major statistical pitching categories, including wins (10), ERA (2.19), strikeouts (126) and innings pitched (96.0).
- Classmate Emily Ruck went 2.2 innings on Monday and earned a save. She’s tossed 52.1 innings this season with a 2.94 ERA and 44 strikeouts.
- The Flyers are 15-11 overall this season and won two of three games in an Atlantic 10 matchup last weekend versus UMass.
- Two starters – Maddie Kapsimalis and Emma Schutter – are hitting well over .400 this season. Kapsimalis, who has played in 22 games with 15 starts, checks in with a .490 average and eight doubles while Schutter is batting .459 in 26 games.
- Pitcher Izzy Kemp leads the team in innings (74.0) and ERA (1.04). She has 101 strikeouts and a .158 batting average against.
History vs. Dayton
- Ohio State has won 13 of the previous games between the two teams with the last game occurring nearly seven years ago, in 2016.
- That game, played at Buckeye Field, was won 1-0 by the Buckeyes on a solo home run in the first inning from Alex Bayne.
- Following Wednesday’s midweek contest, the Buckeyes shift back into Big Ten play with a trip to Bloomington, Ind. to face Indiana Friday-Sunday.
- All three games against the Hoosiers will be streamed live on BTN+ and live stats will be available on the schedule page of OhioStateBuckeyes.com.