Aug. 10, 2012
Follow the Buckeyes on Twitter
Louisville, Ky. – The 2012 Ohio State women’s soccer team gained its first live game experience in an exhibition Friday evening at Louisville. A goal by Louisville’s Charlyn Corral on a counter in the 19th minute proved to be the only goal of the night as the Cardinals came away with the 1-0 victory.
A couple happenings from the first night of the 2012 campaign:
– The Buckeyes’ best chance of the evening came in the 48th minute when Michela Paradiso played a nice through ball to Kendyl Reed but the shot slid wide left. Reed finished with a team-high three shots, all on goal.
– Ellyn Gruber also had an opportunity in the 62nd minute but her shot from 12 yards out sailed just high.
– Freshman Jillian McVicker made a couple good saves at the start of the second half in her first collegiate action.
– Samantha Lewis, Megan Scoliere, McVicker, Paradiso, Kaitlyn Kraft and Marisa Wolf each saw their first collegiate playing time.
– The game also marked the first game on the bench for new assistant coach Jason Goodson, who comes to Ohio State after four seasons at Washington State.
The Buckeyes host Miami (Fla.) in their second exhibition game at 1 p.m. Sunday at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.