COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State cross country teams are set to race in the Joe Piane – Notre Dame Invitational Friday in South Bend, Ind.
Ohio State will have runners in the women’s open race at noon, the men’s open race at 12:45 p.m., the women’s gold race at 1:30 p.m. and the men’s gold race at 2:15 p.m. More than 50 schools will be represented in both the men’s and women’s races, with no more than eight racers per school in each of the gold races. The women’s races will be 5,000 meters, with the men racing five miles.
Live scoring and results will be online HERE.
Buckeye This and That
- The Buckeye women’s squad is ranked sixth in the Great Lakes Region in this week’s USTFCCCA poll, while the men are 14th in the region.
- The women raced last Thursday at the Bill Dellinger Invite in Springfield, Ore., finishing ninth in a strong field. The men last raced Feb. 10 at the Spiked Shoe Invitational in University Park, Pa.
- Sophomore Addie Engel has been the top finisher for the Buckeye women each of the first three races. In Oregon, she placed 16th, running a personal best 20:28.6 in the 6K. It was her third straight Top 16 finish, after winning the season-opening Evansville Opener (to earn Big Ten Athlete of the Week honors) and placing fourth in the Penn State Spiked Shoe Invitational.
- The Top 5 finishers were the same for the Buckeye women in their first three races, with Daniella Santos, Hannah Moulton, Andrea Kuhn and Akemi Von Scherr joining Engel.
- Freshman Kevin Agnew was the top finisher for the Buckeyes in their first two races, including winning the Evansville Opener in his first collegiate race.
- Zubin Jha and Zach Schultz joined Agnew as part of the Buckeye men’s Top 5 finishers in each of their first two races.
- The men’s and women’s squads will take next weekend off before heading to Tallahassee, Fla., for the FSU Invite/Pre-Nationals Oct. 15.