2019-20 Schedule | 2019-20 Stats | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The roller coaster ride that is the 2019-20 Ohio State women’s basketball season continues into 2020 as the Buckeyes head to College Park to take on No. 12 Maryland Monday night in a nationally televised game on ESPN 2. This is the first of two meetings between the teams this month as they will also meet on Jan. 30 in Columbus.
- This will be the 15th meeting between the two programs and the 10th since Maryland joined the Big Ten. Since the Terrapins joined the conference in 2014-15, the Big Ten title has gone to either Maryland or Ohio State.
- The Buckeyes come into the game at 8-5 overall and 1-1 in the conference. They opened B1G play with a sluggish performance against Purdue but then rebounded with one of their better games in a 66-63 victory at No. 24 Minnesota on New Year’s Eve.
- Ohio State continues to be led by sophomore forward Dorka Juhasz who is averaging team-highs of 12.8 points and 7.7 rebounds per game. She had her double-figure scoring streak snapped at Minnesota but six of her eight points came in the deciding fourth quarter.
- Maryland enters the contest at 10-3 overall and 1-1 in the conference after falling 81-58 at Northwestern last Tuesday. The Terps have five players averaging in double-figures led by Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year Kaila Charles at 12.8 ppg.
- Braxtin Miller is second in the Big Ten in assist-to-turnover ratio as she has 49 assists and just 18 turnovers this season. Miller has had a positive assist-to-turnover ratio in all but one game this season.
- The Buckeyes have wins over two ranked teams this season, knocking of then No. 2 Louisville on Dec. 5 and No. 24 Minnesota last week.