COLUMBUS, Ohio – No. 2 Ohio State continued its early dominance with another convincing 4-0 victory over Oregon in the championship match of the ITA Kickoff Weekend on Sunday.
The Buckeyes are now 7-0 on the season and have surrendered just one point in those seven matches.
The doubles matches were a tussle but wins on courts two and three gave the Buckeyes the point and they used that momentum to win all six first sets in singles and cruise to the victory.
Ohio State advances to the ITA Indoor National Championships for the 16th time in program history. The Buckeyes won the title in 2014 and 2019. The championships will be held at the XS Tennis Village in downtown Chicago on February 17-20.
#2 Ohio State 4, Oregon 0
1. Justin Boulais (OSU) vs. Joshua Charlton (ORE) 7-5, 3-1, unfinished
2. Cannon Kingsley (OSU) def. Quinn Vandecasteele (ORE) 6-2, 6-2
3. #5 JJ Tracy (OSU) vs. Ivailo Keremedchiev (ORE) 6-1, 4-4, unfinished
4. #90 Alexander Bernard (OSU) vs. Jesper Klov-Nilsson (ORE) 7-5, unfinished
5. James Trotter (OSU) def. Vlad Breazu (ORE) 6-3, 6-1
6. Robert Cash (OSU) def. Ray Lo (ORE) 6-1, 6-1
1. Joshua Charlton/Quinn Vandecasteele (ORE) def. Andrew Lutschaunig/James Trotter (OSU) 7-6 (7-5)
2. Robert Cash/Justin Boulais (OSU) def. Ray Lo/Ivailo Keremedchiev (ORE) 7-5
3. JJ Tracy/Cannon Kingsley (OSU) def. Jesper Klov-Nilsson/Luke Vandecasteele (ORE) 6-3
Ohio State 7-0; National ranking #2
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (5,2,6)
Official: Julio Colon T-2:00 A-374