Facebook, Twitter and Instagram | 2021-22 Schedule | OSU/Folds of Honor | About Mason Rudolph
Team Results | Individual Results
COLUMBUS, Ohio –Ohio State posted back-to-back rounds under par to finish tied for the No. 6 spot Sunday at the Mason Rudolph Championship in Franklin, Tennessee. The Buckeyes shot 2-under as a team Sunday for a score of 286. Ohio State posted a +2 866 (293-287-286) over the three-day event.
All five Buckeyes shot par or better with four going under par on the back nine Sunday of the Vanderbilt Legends Club – North Course (Par 72/6,475 yds.). Ohio State’s lineup shot 5-under over the last three holes of the tournament.
“I saw a lot of putts holed today which is the result of a lot of hard work the past month,” Lisa Strom, head coach of the Buckeyes, said. “How we finished today is where we need to be comfortable being.”
The Buckeyes shot 1-under 287 in the second round Saturday for the first under par round of the season and the first for Strom as Ohio State’s head coach. The accomplishment comes in the second tournament of her Ohio State head coaching career.
Junior Aneka Seumanutafa finished at 6-under for the tournament (71-70-69=210). She recorded her 14th Top 10 finish and 16th effort in the Top 20 after a No. 6 finish this weekend. The effort Sunday was the 14th of her career in the 60s.
Junior Kristin Jamieson birdied two of the last three holes and shot 3-under on the back nine to finish at 1-under 71 Sunday, her first round under par this season. She finished tied for 56th (77-75-71=223).
- Ohio State’s lineup this week: Aneka Seumanutafa, Jillian Bourdage, Kristin Jamieson, Faith Choi and Lauren Peter. Kailie Vongsaga competed as an individual. She shot 72 (E) Sunday to finish tied for 62nd at +8 (79-73-72=224).
- The University of Oregon was the event winner at -26 (276-283-279=838).
- The Buckeyes are participating in the Folds of Honor program this year to honor military heros lost or wounded in action. Each week a member of the Buckeyes will carry a bag that will be auctioned after the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program. This week Aneka Seumanutafa will carry the designated golf bag for her leadership and work in the weight room. The player carrying the bag each week will be indicated by (FOH) on the pretournament lineup graphic.
- Ohio State last won the Mason Rudolph in 2001 (-3).
- The Buckeyes opened the fall season at the Wolverine Invitational Sept. 13-14. Ohio State finished tied for the No. 9 spot with Seumanutafa leading the way at +3 and tied for eighth individually.
- This week is the second of four fall events. The Buckeyes host the Barbara Nicklaus Cup (Oct. 4-5 at Muirfield Village GC) and finish at the Tar Heel Invitational (UNC/Oct. 15-17).
- The Spring portion of the schedule gets underway with Big Ten Match Play (Jan. 31-Feb. 1) in Palm Harbor Florida.
- The weather forecast for the Mason Rudolph Championship calls for mainly sunny skies with temperatures in the mid-70s each day.