Sept. 12, 2018
Follow the Buckeyes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Northern Intercollegiate Invitational
|Dates:||Sept. 15-16, 2018
|Host:||Northern Illinois University
|Course:||Rich Harvest Farms
Sugar Grove, Illinois
|Live Scoring:||Golf Stat
|Format:||Play 5, count 4
|Tee Times:||Saturday - 8:15 AM shotgun start, play second round continuously
Sunday - 8:15 AM shotgun start
|Weather:||Mostly Sunny, 85°
|Teams:||Augusta, Aurora, Coastal Carolina, Grand Canyon, Marquette, Miami (OH), Michigan, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Toledo, Missouri – Kansas City, UCLA individuals
|Buckeye Lineup:||1. Daniel Wetterich
2. Will Grimmer
3. Will Voetsch
4. Kevin Stone
5. Caleb Ramirez
Ind. Grant Engle
Ind. Colin Bowles
Ohio State at the Northern Intercollegiate
- The Buckeyes are set for their third installment at the Northern Intercollegiate in Sugar Grove, Illinois, their first appearance since the 2014-15 season where they just grabbed the podium.
- Ohio State finished third in the 13-team field in 2014, led by a final round 67 from then senior Boo Timko, and bested two top-10 squads in the effort.
- Timko secured a share of the fourth-place spot, while Grant Weaver and Logan Jones turned in top-25 finishes to start the season on a high note.
- Rich Harvest Farms golf course is one of the finest courses in the country and has won numerous awards for its beautiful, challenging landscape of wetlands, trees, and prairie grasses. The course has played host to many top tier events, including the 2017 NCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s National Championships, and will host the 2020 Big Ten Championship.
- Ohio State opens the year with most of their core scoring still intact. They return their top two players, in terms of scoring average from last season, in Daniel Wetterich (71.86) and Will Grimmer (72.50), along with players Will Voetsch (73.82), Justin Wick (74.31), Caleb Ramirez (74.64), Kevin Stone (76.55), Jack Mancinotti (73.67) and redshirt JonErik Alford.
- The team lost three players, senior Josh Wick, sophomore Jeg Coughlin III, and sophomore Caden Orewiler who still remains with the team as a student assistant.
- New additions to the squad include Colin Bowles, and Grant Engle to bring the group to a round 10.
- Head coach Jay Moseley will lead the Buckeyes in his fourth campaign with the team, which looks to continue to improve and push their ceiling.
- Senior Will Grimmer represented the scarlet and gray this summer as he competed as an amateur in the U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club in New York. The senior was deep in the fray after an opening round 73, and easily qualified for the weekend tied for 25th place. This was Grimmer’s second U.S. Open as he qualified four years ago at Chambers Bay.
- Three players; Will Grimmer, Daniel Wetterich, and Caleb Ramirez all qualified, Grimmer by making the cut at the U.S. Open, to play in the U.S. Amateur at the highly touted Pebble Beach Golf Links. Grimmer and Ramirez advanced to the match play portion of the tournament where they each bowed out in the round of 64.