#6 Ohio State vs. Toledo & Xavier
Dates: Jan. 19, 2022
Time: 10 a.m. & 5 p.m.
Venue: Ty Tucker Tennis Center – Columbus, Ohio
Live Scoring: Scoring
Live Video: Video
Rosters: Ohio State | Toledo | Xavier
Rankings: ITA Rankings
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Coming off a great fall season, the Ohio State men’s tennis team is eager to start the spring portion of the schedule and that begins on Wednesday with a pair of matches vs. Toledo and Xavier. The first match begins at 10 a.m. and the night-cap will be at 5 p.m.
Admission and parking if free for all men’s tennis regular season matches.
- This will be the 41st all-time meeting against Toledo, with the Buckeyes leading the all-time series 37-3. The last Toledo win came in 1966 and the Buckeyes have won the last 36 meetings since.
- Against Xavier, Ohio State is 18-0 and have surrendered just two points to the Musketeers in those 18 matches.
- The Buckeyes open the season ranked No. 6 in the ITA preseason rankings.
- Five Buckeyes finished the fall ranked in the ITA singles rankings – No. 5 Matej Vocel, No. 14 JJ Tracy, No. 21 Cannon Kingsley, No. 42 James Trotter and No. 95 Robert Cash.
- In doubles, Ohio State has the top-two ranked teams in No. 1 Vocel and Cash and No. 2 Trotter and Justin Boulais.
- Vocel and Cash were undefeated in the fall, going 14-0 and winning the ITA Doubles National Championship as well as the ITA All-American Championship. They are the third Buckeye doubles team to win an ITA national title.
- Trotter and Boulais finished runner-up to Vocel and Cash at the All-American Championship and also finished runner-up in the consolation bracket at the Fall Championships.
- Cannon Kingsley had three ranked collegiate wins in the fall. He spent the majority of his fall competing in professional events where he reached the semi-finals in four different tournaments. He finished runner-up at the both the ITF M15 in Ithaca, N.Y. and the ITF M15 in Lubbock, Texas.
- Cash was 8-2 in singles action in the fall and led the team with 28 combined victories.