Dates: Sept. 24-26, 2021
Time: 2 p.m. / 2 p.m. / 8 a.m.
Venue: Henry Field Stadium – Athens, Ga.
Website: Tournament Website
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State men’s tennis team will open the collegiate season this weekend at the Southern Intercollegiates, hosted by Georgia. In addition to competing against host Georgia, the Buckeyes will also take on USC and Texas over the three-day weekend. Only singles and doubles results will be recorded as there will be team scoring.
- Ohio State has five players in the ITA singles and doubles rankings to start the season. Transfer Matej Vocel leads the way in the singles rankings at No. 20. Junior Cannon Kingsley checks in at No. 65 while James Trotter is No. 87 and JJ Tracy is No. 99.
- The doubles team of Vocel and Robert Cash begin the season ranked No. 40.
- The Buckeyes are coming off a season that saw them claim a share of the Big Ten East Division regular season crown, advance to the Big Ten Tournament championship match and then reach the final site of the NCAA Tournament for the 15th consecutive season.
- This will be the first of five collegiate events this spring. The Buckeyes will head to the ITA All-American Championship from Oct. 2-10 and then the ITA Midwest Regional on Oct. 21-25.
- The fall culminates with the Big Ten Singles and Doubles Championship as well as the Oracle Fall Championships on Nov. 4-7.