Sept. 22, 2019
2019-20 Schedule | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State men’s golf team opens the 2019-20 season, the 100th for the sport at Ohio State, at the Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio. The Buckeyes will compete in a 15-team field and will play 36 holes on Monday, and 18 on Tuesday to close out the 54-hole event.
|Dates:||Sept. 23-24, 2019
|Host:||University of Toledo
|Format:||Play 5, count 4
|Tee Times:||Monday – 8:45 AM Shotgun, second round begins immediately after conclusion of first.
Tuesday – 8:30 AM tee times off holes 1 and 10
|Weather:||Scattered Showers, 74°/Mostly Sunny, 76°
|Teams:||Ohio State, Auburn, Kennesaw State, Kent State, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, St. Mary’s, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Toledo, UNC-Wilmington
|1. Felix Kvarnstrom
2. Grant Engle
3. Kevin Stone
4. Jackson Chandler
5. Patrick Schmucking
Ind. Laken Hinton
OHIO STATE AT THE INVERNESS INTERCOLLEGIATE
- The Buckeyes are making their seventh appearance at the Inverness Intercollegiate, their sixth as a team.
- Last season, Ohio State sent three players including Jack Mancinotti and Justin Wick to compete as individuals.
- In 2017, the Buckeyes secured their best finish of sixth place at the tournament with a two-round total of 571. Daniel Wetterich secured fourth place with rounds of 68-69 to finish five under par.
- The Inverness Club was founded in 1903 and along with the University of Toledo served as host for the 2009 NCAA Men’s Golf Championships. The 7,700-yard track is known for its length but also its tough short holes that with strategic bunker placement challenge the best of players. Inverness is consistently ranked as one of the best in the nation and has hosted a number of the most prestigious tournament in golf.
- After a fantastic run to the 2019 NCAA Championships, the team has reloaded with top talent and has their sights set once again on another championship run.
- Ohio State graduated their four top players last season and brought in five new faces to start the year. Jackson Chandler, Caleb Davern, Jake Miller and Patrick Schmucking are freshman additions while Felix Kvarnstrom transferred in from Lynn University.
- Head Coach Jay Moseley and assistant Brad Smith are in their fifth year guiding the Ohio State program.