COLUMBUS, Ohio – The No. 3 Ohio State men’s tennis team bounced back with a dominant 4-0 sweep of UCF in the inaugural match between these programs. This 4-0 win is the Buckeyes’ tenth sweep of the season.
In doubles, the undefeated duo, Cannon Kingsley and JJ Tracy (9-0), blitzed their match and finished first on court two with a dominant 6-1 victory. Just after Matej Vocel and Robert Cash dropped their match 6-3, Andrew Lutschaunig and James Trotter responded by sealing the doubles victory with a 6-2 win. Captain, Andrew Lutschaunig is 3-0 in doubles on the year with Trotter as a partner.
In singles, three dominant victories sealed the sweep. Cash came out hot and finished first on court six with a strong 6-0, 6-1 victory. Kingsley finished next on court one with a tough 6-4, 6-1 win to boost the Buckeye lead to 3-0. Jake Van Emburgh followed with a clutch 6-4, 6-1 win to seal the 4-0 Buckeye victory.
#3 Ohio State 4, UCF 0
1. #10 Cannon Kingsley (OSU) def. Lleyton Cronje (UCF) 6-4, 6-4
2. Jake Van Emburgh (OSU) def. Alan Rubio (UCF) 6-4, 6-1
3. #11 JJ Tracy (OSU) vs. JC Roddick (UCF) 6-4, 3-6, unfinished
4. #33 James Trotter (OSU) vs. Cooper White (UCF) vs. 7-6 (7-2), 2-3, unfinished
5. Justin Boulais (OSU) vs. Quinn Snyder (UCF) vs. 5-7, 6-0, 1-0, unfinished
6. #64 Robert Cash (OSU) def. Vasyl Kiselyov (UCF) vs. 6-0, 6-1
1. #30 Lleyton Cronje/Cooper White (UCF) def. #1 Robert Cash/Matej Vocel (OSU) 6-3
2. #11 Cannon Kingsley/JJ Tracy (OSU) def. JC Roddick/Alan Rubio (UCF) 6-1
3. Andrew Lutschaunig/James Trotter (OSU) def. Vasyl Kiselyov/Quinn Snyder (UCF) 6-2
Ohio State 12-1; National ranking #3
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3); Singles (6,1,2)