2019-20 Schedule | 2019-20 Stats | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State and Illinois will be meeting for the second time this season on Thursday in Champaign and the Buckeyes will be looking for the season sweep and the seventh consecutive win in the series. Earlier this year, the Buckeyes outscored Illinois 40-10 over the final 15 minutes of the game to secure a 77-47 victory on Jan. 19, in Columbus. Ohio State was led by freshman Kierstan Bell who scored a career-high 19 points. The Buckeyes enter the week in a tie for seventh in the Big Ten at 5-5.
- The Buckeyes are coming off a gritty comeback win on Sunday at Nebraska and are right in the thick of the Big Ten standings at 12-9 overall and 5-5 in the conference.
- Illinois is just 1-9 in the conference and has lost its last five after beating Minnesota on Jan. 12 for its lone conference win. The Fighting Illini have been outscored by over 22 points per game in Big Ten play.
- Three Ohio State players notched doubles-doubles in the win over Nebraska. That is just the second time in program history that has happened. Dorka Juhasz notched her team-leading fourth of the season while fellow post Aaliyah Patty posted the third of her career. Freshman Kierstan Bell enjoyed her first collegiate double-double with 16 points and a career-high 12 rebounds.
- Bell has scored in double-figures in five of the last seven games and is second on the team in scoring at 10.6 ppg.
- Braxtin Miller seems to be back on track as she has scored 32 points over the last two games after scoring just 35 combined points in her previous seven.
- Miller is just 30 shy of 1,000 for her career.
- Sophomore Dorka Juhasz has made multiple three-pointers in six of the last eight games and is third overall on the team with 22 threes.
- The Buckeyes have won both of their overtime games this season and both have come on the road.