2019-20 Schedule | 2019-20 Stats | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State is riding a season-high tying three-game win streak and will look to push it to four when it hosts Minnesota on Thursday evening at Value City Arena. The win streak has pushed the Buckeyes into a tie for fifth in the conference at 7-5. Ohio State has won six games in a row against Minnesota, including the meeting earlier this season on New Year’s Eve in Minneapolis. Tickets are available through OhioStateBuckeyes.com
- The Buckeyes won the first meeting this season, 66-63 on New Year’s Eve, behind stellar late game defense. Kierstan Bell and Aaliyah Patty each scored 13 points in the win.
- OSU has dominated the all-time series 60-17 and is currently riding a six-game win streak against the Golden Gophers.
- Ohio State is 7-5 in conference play and currently in a tie for fifth place with Rutgers and Michigan. At 14-9 overall on the season, the Buckeyes own the sixth toughest schedule in the country and are 26th in the latest RPI.
- Minnesota had its three-game win streak snapped by Michigan on Monday night in a 77-52 loss at home. The Gophers started the year 11-1 but since the loss to the Buckeyes on Dec. 31, they have lost eight of the last 12 games.
- Sophomore Aaliyah Patty has averaged 16.5 points and 8.0 rebounds while shooting nearly 70 percent in her two career games vs. Minnesota. She scored a career-high 20 points in last year’s game.
- Since the turn of the calendar year, the Buckeyes have made 88 three-pointers for an average of just under per game which is tops in the Big Ten.
- Freshman Kierstan Bell has scored in double-figures in seven of the last nine games, including a career-high 20 points her last time out vs. Wisconsin. Bell has made nine threes over the last three games.
- Junior Braxtin Miller is 22 points away from 1,000 in her career. She scored 813 in her two years at Oklahoma State.