15/16 Ohio State at Iowa
Date: Jan. 13, 2021
Time: 4:00 p.m. ET
Venue: Iowa City, Iowa – Carver-Hawkeye Arena
Watch: Big Ten Network
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Game Notes: Ohio State | Iowa
COLUMBUS, Ohio – No. 15 Ohio State looks to stay perfect on the year as it heads to one of the toughest places to play in the conference, Carver-Hawkeye Arena, on Wednesday. The Buckeyes are taking on an Iowa squad that enters the game 8-2 overall and features two players averaging 20+ points per game. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET and the game can be seen on BTN.
- Ohio State and Iowa are meeting for the 71st time on Wednesday afternoon.
- The Buckeyes lead the all-time series 36-34 but both teams have dominated on their home floors. OSU is 21-9 in Columbus while Iowa holds a 22-9 edge in Iowa City.
- Iowa City hasn’t been fun for the Buckeyes but the most recent meeting between the two teams certainly was as the Buckeyes flew out of the gate and rolled to an 87-66 win in the quarterfinals of last season’s Big Ten Tournament.
- The two teams were supposed to meet in Columbus on Dec. 19 but the Buckeyes were forced to postpone the game due to COVID 19 protocols.
- Ohio State is looking to remain undefeated as the Buckeyes won their first five games at home and then picked up their first road win of the season last Thursday in a 78-55 win at Illinois.
- The 6-0 start is the best start to a season for Ohio State since the 2011-12 team won the first 15 games of the season.
- Iowa comes in at 8-2 overall and 4-2 in the conference, following its 77-67 loss at Northwestern on Saturday. The Hawkeyes are led by freshman sensation Caitlin Clark, who has not only been the best freshman in the conference, but perhaps the overall MVP through the first 10 games. Clark is averaging 25.6 ppg and 6.5 apg.
- Sophomore Jacy Sheldon leads five Buckeyes in double-figures at 18.3 ppg. She is coming off a career-high four three-point makes at Illinois. Sheldon has four 20-point games so far this season and is ninth in the conference in scoring.
- Point guard Madison Greene is averaging 13.3 ppg and is one of two players in the country with 20 or more free throw makes (23-of-23) without a miss.
- Gabby Hutcherson has made the most of her opportunity the last two games, averaging 9.5 points and 4.5 rebounds while shooting 50 percent from the floor.
- The Buckeyes are one of three teams in the country averaging more than 90 points per game (90.8 ppg).