2019-20 Schedule | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State couldn’t have asked for a better start to the year and will now look to defend its title as the Buckeyes head to the ITA Indoor Team National Championship this weekend in Madison, Wisc. The Buckeyes, who are the No. 1 seed, will take on host Wisconsin on Friday evening at 7:30 p.m. ET and then will play either Wake Forest or Baylor at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday.
| ITA Indoor Team National Championship
|Date:||February 14-17, 2020
|Venue:||Nielsen Tennis Stadium -- Madison, Wisc.
|Tournament Site:||Tournament Website
- This is the 14th consecutive year Ohio State has participated in the ITA Indoor Team National Championships.
- The Buckeyes won the title in 2014 and against last year in 2019 in Chicago.
- Ohio State has reached the championship match six times and the semifinals nine times.
- Last year, the Buckeyes rolled to 4-0 victories over Tulane, Virginia and Texas before taking on No. 1 seed Wake Forest in the championship match. After winning the doubles point, the Buckeyes got a win from JJ Wolf at No. 1, Alex Kobelt at No. 5 and then the clinching win from Illinois native Martin Joyce at No. 4 for a 4-2 team victory.
- All six Buckeyes who competed in the tournament earned some sort of All-Tournament Team honor led by Wolf who was the tournament’s most dominant and Most Outstanding Player.
- Head coach Ty Tucker is just two wins from the 600th of his career. He is in his 21st season and has a record of 598-87 (.873)
- For the first time in program history, Ohio State has won two matches over No. 1 teams in back-to-back weekends after beating Texas 4-1 on Feb. 1 and USC 4-2 on Feb. 9.
- The Buckeyes have started the year 11-0.
- There are four Buckeyes in the singles rankings, McNally at No. 19, Cannon Kingsley is No. 22, Kyle Seelig at No. 31 and James Trotter is No. 70.
- In doubles, McNally and freshman Robert Cash are 18-3 on the season and are the top-ranked doubles team in the country.
- The Buckeyes have a record of 291-1 at home since April of 2003 and are currently riding a 91-match home win streak.
- Ohio State hosted and won the ITA Kickoff Weekend last weekend for the 12th consecutive season. The Buckeyes knocked-off Purdue and Tulsa and qualified for the ITA Indoor National Championship later this month which will be hosted by Wisconsin in Madison.
- The Buckeyes have won at least a share of the last 14 Big Ten titles and 12 of the last 14 Big Ten Tournament titles
- They have made an NCAA Tournament appearance in each of the last 20 seasons