15/15 Ohio State at Nebraska
Date: Jan. 16, 2021
Time: 5:00 p.m. ET
Venue: Lincoln, Neb. – Pinnacle Bank Arena
Watch: Big Ten Network
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Game Notes: Ohio State | Nebraska
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Playing for the third consecutive game on the road, No. 15 Ohio State will look to keep its perfect record intact when it heads Lincoln for a clash with Nebraska on Saturday. The Buckeyes are coming off its most impressive win of the season, erasing a 14-point deficit in an overtime win at Iowa on Wednesday. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET and the game can be seen on BTN.
- Ohio State and Nebraska are meeting for the 20th time overall and the 15th time as Big Ten foes.
- The Buckeyes lead the all-time series 11-8 and are 8-6 against the Huskers since Nebraska joined the conference in 2011.
- Ohio State has won seven of the last eight meetings including each of its last four in Lincoln.
- The Buckeyes are coming off a great come from behind overtime victory at Iowa on Wednesday. They defeated the Hawkeyes 84-82 to remain undefeated on the season.
- The 7-0 start is the best start to a season for Ohio State since the 2011-12 team won the first 15 games of the season.
- Nebraska comes in at 6-4 overall and 4-2 in the conference. Two of those wins were over Northwestern and Rutgers. Five of Nebraska’s games have been decided by single digits including each of the last four by four points or less.
- By contrast, the Buckeyes just played their first game of the season (at Iowa) that was decided by single digits.
- Sophomore Jacy Sheldon continues to lead five Buckeyes in double figures at 18.3 ppg. She has made at least one three-pointer in each of the last six games. She is also shooting over 67 percent from inside the arc.
- Point guard Madison Greene scored 16 of her team-high 20 points after halftime in the Buckeyes’ win at Iowa on Wednesday. She is third on the team in scoring at 14.3 ppg and has a 3-to-1 assist to turnover ratio.
- Freshman Gabby Hutcherson has averaged nearly 25 minutes per game over the last three games and is scoring 8.0 points and grabbing 4.7 rebounds over that stretch.
- The Buckeyes are still shooting over 50 percent as a team through the first seven games. That is fifth-best in the country as is their 58 percent shooting from inside the arc.