2022 Schedule & Results // 2022 Roster
COLUMBUS, Ohio – After a pair of victories on the road last weekend, the 22nd-ranked Ohio State field hockey team will look to continue its winning ways at home on Sunday. The Buckeyes welcome Lehigh to Columbus on Sunday and game time is set for noon.
No. 22 Ohio State vs. Lehigh // Sunday, Sept. 4 // Noon // Buckeye Varsity Field; Columbus, Ohio
Live Stats // Watch Live: BTN+ // Ohio State Roster // Lehigh Roster
Basics on the Buckeyes
- Ohio State won both of its opening-weekend games in Albany, N.Y., topping Northeastern last Friday, 4-0, and Albany on Sunday, 3-0.
- Six different players were responsible for Ohio State’s seven goals on the weekend.
- Sophomore Hallie Brost had a goal in each game and leads the team with four points overall.
- Defensively, goalkeeper Abby Danson made 11 saves and was named the Big Ten’s Defensive Player of the Week on Tuesday.
- Danson is the first Ohio State goalie to record back-to-back shutouts to open a season since 1989 (33 years).
- Ohio State outshot its two opponents last weekend 38-17 and had an 11-10 edge in penalty corners.
- Ten different players made their Ohio State debuts last weekend.
- The field hockey program is welcoming its alumni back to campus this weekend with a series of events, culminating in a halftime recognition on Sunday.
- For more information about the weekend, contact Megan Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like Ohio State, Lehigh started its regular season last weekend.
- The Mountain Hawks hosted Lock Haven last Friday, Aug. 26, and lost 3-2. On Sunday, they fell 6-0 at Temple.
- Prior to Sunday’s game, Lehigh faces Ball State in Muncie, Ind. on Saturday at noon.
- Last season, Lehigh finished 11-7 overall and 4-2 in the Patriot League. It fell in the semifinal round of the conference tournament to American, 1-0.
Ohio State/Lehigh History
- Ohio State and Lehigh have met just three times previously, most recently in 2018.
- The first game between the programs came in 1988, a 4-0 Lehigh win in Bethlehem, Pa.
- They would meet again in 2017 – the first game under head coach Jarred Martin – and the Buckeyes won 4-0.
- The next year, Ohio State earned a 5-0 win over the Mountain Hawks in Columbus.
Follow the Buckeyes
- Eight of Ohio State’s nine regular season home games will be streamed live on BTN+.
- The home contest vs. Michigan State on Sept. 30 will air live on BTN.
- For more information on BTN+ subscriptions, visit www.btnplus.com
- Fans can also follow the Buckeyes on social media at @OhioStateFH on both Twitter and Instagram.