Box Score | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
FRESNO, Calif. – The Ohio State softball team (6-7) closed the Fresno State Invitational with a 4-3 win over UIC (4-6) on Sunday morning at Margie Wright Diamond.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Avery Clark put Ohio State on the board, 2-0, in the top of the third. Meg Otte singled and Andi Farrah reached on a fielding error before Clark doubled to right center to bring the duo in.
- UIC responded in the home half with a solo home run by Tara McElligott.
- The Buckeyes added a pair of runs in the fourth on a RBI double by Otte and RBI single from Farrah for a 4-1 lead.
- The Flames cut the deficit to one, 4-3, with a fielder’s choice and RBI single in the bottom of the fourth.
- Niki Caver and Taylor Pack turned a double play in the seventh to end the game.
- Righty ace Payton Buresch (5-3) pitched seven innings of six-hit, three-run (one earned) ball. She struck out five batters and did not allow a walk. It was her second straight win and sixth complete game.
- With two hits on the day, Avery Clark had her eighth multi-hit game and extended her hitting streak to six contests.
- Meg Otte tallied two hits, scored a run and drove in a run against the Flames.
- Taylor Pack has a hit in the last five outings.
- Payton Buresch went 3-0 in the circle over the weekend. She had 11 strikeouts and a 1.70 ERA in 24.2 innings of work.
The Buckeyes have the following week off with a bye. They are back in action March 6-9 at the ASU Invitational.