2019-20 Schedule | 2019-20 Stats | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State will leave the state Ohio for the first time season when it travels west to Las Vegas, Nev., to take part in the South Point Shootout this weekend. The Buckeyes will play South Dakota, an NCAA Tournament team last year, on Friday at 6:30 p.m. ET. They will then cap the event against undefeated Northern Iowa at 8:45 p.m. ET on Saturday.
- The Buckeyes are coming off a solid showing, all be it in a loss, to No. 4 UConn last Sunday 73-62. OSU led by five points in the third quarter and trailed by just six points with 2:20 to play but couldn’t quite close the deal.
- Going to Vegas can either be a fun or frustrating experience but for the Buckeyes, their two trips have been money!! The Buckeyes are 5-0 all-time in Las Vegas, winning their two games at the 2015 South Point Shootout as well as winning the 2017 Play4Kay Showcase.
- In those two trips, a number of records and milestones were set including the OSU single-game scoring record, two players notched their 1,000th career point and head coach Kevin McGuff won his 300th career game and his 100th at Ohio State.
- South Dakota enters the weekend at 5-1 while Northern Iowa is 5-0. They both have had impressive wins already this season as they each beat Missouri while South Dakota took down Green Bay on the road and UNI beat Iowa by 22 on Nov. 17.
- Janai Crooms is averaging 8.0 points and 5.2 rebounds while leading the team in both assists and steals.
- Sophomore forward Dorka Juhasz is averaging a double-double at 11.3 points and 10.8 rebounds per game but has yet to record a double-double this season.
- Junior guard Braxtin Miller has been the steadiest Buckeye through the first five games, averaging 11.2 points and 5.4 rebounds. She also has nearly a 5-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio this season.
- Buckeye head coach Kevin McGuff is just five wins shy of 400 for his career.