Dates: Sept. 13-15, 2021
Course: Maridoe GC – Dallas, Texas
Par/Yardage: Par 72 — 7,518 yards
Live Scoring: Golfstat
Format: Play 5, Count 4
Tee Times: Tee times off first tee from 8 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. each round
Teams: Arizona State, Baylor, Florida Gulf Coast, Howard, Liberty, North Texas, Ohio State, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Texas, USC, Wake Forest
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State heads to Texas for one of the top events this fall in the Maridoe Invitational at Maridoe Golf Club. The 54-hole event will run Monday through Wednesday.
Golf Channel will have live coverage from 4-7 p.m. ET all three days.
- Ohio State’s lineup this week will feature Maxwell Modovan, JonErik Alford, Patrick Schmucking, Jackson Chandler and Jacob Tarkany.
- Last week, the Buckeyes finished 12th at the Marquette Intercollegiate at Erin Hills.
- Moldovan carded a second round 67 at Marquette, his second-lowest round as a Buckeye and finished the tournament at 1-under par.
- Alford tied Moldovan for the 54 holes, marking his first under-par event as a Buckeye.
- Chandler played as an individual last week at the Washington County Invitational where he carded rounds of 66-71 to finish sixth at 7-under par.
- Tarkany made his collegiate debut last week at the Marquette Intercollegiate and played the final 36 holes at even par.
- Moldovan led the team with a 71.50 scoring average in eight events last season as a freshman. The Uniontown, Ohio native was named second team All-Big Ten and received PING All-Region honors.
- Chandler averaged 73.14 last season and carries a 73.85 career average over 13 events as a Buckeye. All but two of his rounds last year counted towards the team score.
- Wallin played in every event last year as a freshman and held a 73.17 stroke average. He finished under-par at three different events and placed 16th in his first Big Ten Championship.
- Ohio State will also have graduate transfer Marco Steyn this season. Steyn played the last four years at Wake Forest where he averaged 72.69 in 27 events for the Demon Deacons.
- Maridoe Golf Club has hosted a number of high-level events recently, including the 2021 U.S. Women’s Amateur Four-Ball and the prestigious Southern Amateur.
- The weather calls for temperatures in the upper 80s with a chance of thunderstorms each day.