COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Ohio State University women’s lacrosse team looks to get back on track this week when it faces the Bucknell Bison. The teams are set to face off at Mount Lebanon High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Wednesday. The game is scheduled for a 4 p.m. start.
Last Time Out
After No. 8 Northwestern opened the scoring in the first minute of Friday’s game, Liza Hernandez found the back of the net to tie the game at 1-1 less than 90 seconds into the contest. NU rattled off three unanswered goals to take a 4-1 lead, but Sara Dickinsonscored to end the run and make it a two-goal game, 4-2. The Wildcats scored four more goals in the ensuing moments before Baley Parrott score for the Buckeyes, making it 8-3. Northwestern closed the half on a 5-0 run to take a 13-3 lead into halftime.
The teams traded goals in the opening moments of the second half, with Lindsay Epstein and Hernandez scoring to try and get the Buckeyes back into it, but the Northwestern attack proved to be too much as the Buckeyes fell to the Wildcats, 20-6.
Hernandez led the team with two goals and four draw controls. Parrott tallied a goal and scooped up four ground balls on the day. Dickinson continues to notch assists, helping out on two goals while scoring one herself. Molly Wood also scored a goal in the game, and the senior came away with three draws. Epstein scooped up three ground balls in addition to scoring a goal, and Hannah Brink came away with four ground balls herself, tying the team high for the day.
Buckeyes By The Numbers
• Jill Rizzo leads the NCAA with 149 saves and 12.42 saves-per-game. Additionally, she leads the Big Ten with 3.33 ground balls-per-game.
• Baley Parrott is tied for the team high with 35 points and lead the squad with 32 goals this season. Her 45 draw controls rank second on the team. She comes in at sixth in the Big Ten with 2.67 goals-per-game and also sixth in the conference with 3.75 draws-per-game.
• Sara Dickinson continues to impress as she’s tied for the team lead with 35 points. Her 18 assists sit alone in the top spot on the team. She ranks third in the Big Ten with 1.50 assists-per-game.
• McKayla Conti’s offense has been huge for the Buckeyes, the junior ranks second on the team with 22 goals, and third in overall points with 27.
• Liza Hernandez has 16 goals in her seven appearances this year. She comes in at fourth on the team with 18 points.
• Molly Wood remains a scoring and draw control machine in her senior year. She’s found the back of the net 20 times, good for third on the team, and she leads the team draws control lead with 46. She’s ranked fifth in the Big Ten with 3.83 DPG.
• Shannon Rosati’s efforts haven’t gone unnoticed. She leads the team with 16 caused turnovers, and ranks second on the squad with 31 ground balls. Her 2.58 ground balls-per-game rank second in the Big Ten.
31 Players Honored as OSU Scholar Athletes
Thirty-one members of the OSU women’s lacrosse team were honored as OSU Scholar Athletes at the annual OSU Scholar Athlete Banquet on Monday night. The team holds a 3.37 grade-point-average. The full list is below.
Kimberly Apuzzo, Hannah Brink, Madi Castelein, McKayla Conti, Sage Darling, Sara Dickinson, Regina Doty, Riley Ewing, Sarah George, Liza Hernandez, Erika Keselman, Caroline Mackrides, Carli Mager, Mackenzie Maring, Meg Matey, Katie McElveen, Emalee Mongno, Jaclen Moxley, Erin Nagle, Baley Parrott, Jaclyn Perkins, Jill Rizzo, Shannon Rosati, Anna Seanor, Lauren Sherry, Emily Skrzypczak, Alex Vander Molen, Abigail Wise, and Molly Wood.
About The Bison
Bucknell comes into the game with wins over American and Robert Morris. Eve Calabria leads the way for the Bison with 23 points from 13 goals and 10 assists. Morgan Steinhacker’s 14 goals are the highest total on the team, she’s also got 15 ground balls this season. Goaltender Jamie DeWitt has 106 saves and 29 ground balls this season, both team highs.